Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 2

Re: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 2

Nice pick Joseph. Sure will be interesting to see how Harper develops.

Redsfan320 is up next with pick 1.2 although his 10-hour timer doesn't start until Noon on Sunday.

2. Turn Off Ads?

With the second pick of the first round of the Year 2 League of Reds Nation Draft, Redsfan320 selects Jorge Cantu (1B-3B-SD).

Redsfan320 would like to release Todd Helton (1B-Col).

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Hey Gang!

Just checking in and wow, my 4th place team from last year is having some issues already this year (LOL) with Wainwright being out for the season (no, I won't release him), my 3rd baseman- Young/Tex - and what the addition of Beltre means there, etc.

I still have some major talent on my team and I'm always available for trade talks.

Last year was great fun and if memory serves, it was a 2 team race most of the year between eventual league champion Atomic Dumpling and my team that unfortunately faded badly during the last month and finished 4th overall. I offer my sincerest congratulations to the the teams finishing ahead of me: #1-ATOMIC DUMPLING, #2 -BRUTUS THE PIMP and #3 - BUMSTEAD!!! A fine job gents!!!

I'm also a commissioner of a different Redszone Dynasty League now in its SEASON 3 and also in a CBS weekly lineups league again this season but just as a manager. I love my fantasy baseball for sure and love to talk and make trades!!!!!! This year my Vada Pinson Fan team may have an underlying name of Jerry's Big Bargain Barn but I hope my players get healthy and soon; find a job and hopefully I get lucky picking a player or 2 that will return big dividends to my team in our upcoming draft.

Best of Luck to Everyone!!! PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Vada

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    Hey Gang!

Just checking in and wow, my 4th place team from last year is having some issues already this year (LOL) with Wainwright being out for the season (no, I won't release him), my 3rd baseman- Young/Tex - and what the addition of Beltre means there, etc.

I still have some major talent on my team and I'm always available for trade talks.

Last year was great fun and if memory serves, it was a 2 team race most of the year between eventual league champion Atomic Dumpling and my team that unfortunately faded badly during the last month and finished 4th overall. I offer my sincerest congratulations to the the teams finishing ahead of me: #1-ATOMIC DUMPLING, #2 -BRUTUS THE PIMP and #3 - BUMSTEAD!!! A fine job gents!!!

I'm also a commissioner of a different Redszone Dynasty League now in its SEASON 3 and also in a CBS weekly lineups league again this season but just as a manager. I love my fantasy baseball for sure and love to talk and make trades!!!!!! This year my Vada Pinson Fan team may have an underlying name of Jerry's Big Bargain Barn but I hope my players get healthy and soon; find a job and hopefully I get lucky picking a player or 2 that will return big dividends to my team in our upcoming draft.

Best of Luck to Everyone!!! PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Vada
    Losing Wainwright is a very tough break. That is going to hurt. I bet your managerial skills will have you near the top again this year anyway. We will all have injuries strike, but it is really bad to lose your best pitcher for the whole season.

I am missing my best pitcher too. Johan Santana is going to miss at least half the season and who knows how good he will be upon his return. I am hoping I get fewer major injuries this year than I did last year. I lost several of my best players for long stretches last year -- Johan Santana, Carlos Santana, Victor Martinez, Kevin Youkilis, Jimmy Rollins, Ryan Howard, Shane Victorino, Travis Snider, Ted Lilly, Huston Street, Carlos Beltran and Ricky Nolasco all missed weeks or months of games last year for me.

thatcoolguy_22 is up next with pick 1.3 although his 10-hour timer doesn't start until Noon on Sunday.

thatcoolguy_22 selected Mike Moustakas with pick 1.3 in the first round.

Captain Hook is now up for pick 1.4 although his 10-hour timer doesn't start until Noon on Sunday.

It is cool that we got this thing rolling before the official start time. Good picks so far guys. Save me a good one!

I'll get my pick in tonight guys but it'll be a few hours.

Captain Hook took Mike Trout at 1.4, Hay Pay appears to be up now followed by me

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    Captain Hook took Mike Trout at 1.4
    Hook lands Trout? Sounds fishy to me.

-Vada

HayPay took Julio Teheran at pick 1.5
    I took J.J. Putz at 1.6

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    Hook lands Trout? Sounds fishy to me.

-Vada
    Nice one Jerry!

Is this a snake draft? IE 1-12 then 12-1?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Is this a snake draft? IE 1-12 then 12-1?
    No it is a straight draft. 1-12 in each round.

With pick 1.8 I am drafting Tsuoshi Nishioka @B/SS Minnesota. To make room I have dropped Juan Francisco 3B Cincinnati. Vada Pinson Fan is on teh clock and has been emailed.

Nice pick reds1869. It will be interesting to see how Tsuyoshi Nishioka does for the Twins after winning the batting title in Japan last year.

Turn Off Ads?