Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 2

League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 2

Welcome back to the League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 2

So far 10 owners have signed in to play again this year. We are still waiting for Brutus the Pimp to sign up, but he said he was going to play.

HumnHilghtFreel has decided to drop out of the league provided we can find a replacement owner, which shouldn't be a problem.

If anybody out there would like to take over HumnHilghtFreel's team just drop me a PM. The team is not bad, definitely has potential. This is a dynasty league, which means you can keep all 30 of your players.

As soon as all 12 owners are signed into the league I will enter the rosters so we can start making trades and planning our strategy for the draft and the season.

Everyone is encouraged to post in this thread. Please share your thoughts, concerns, smack talk, banter and trade ideas so we can all discuss them as a group. An active league is a fun league.

Once everyone gets registered for the league I will be able to add all our players to our rosters. I will need to know which 30 players you want to keep. You might have had more than 30 players at the end of the season if you had players on the Disabled List. You can view your roster from last season on the website by going to your Yahoo fantasy profile and selecting last year's league, or you can select 2010 from the dropdown box on the league homepage.

We will have a 5 round draft this year. It will be a slow draft (10 hours per pick) and will begin sometime around March 10th-17th so we can see what happens in Spring Training before we draft. The draft order will be the reverse of last year's final standings and will be a straight draft.

Season 2 Draft Order:
    1) Joseph
    2) HumnHilghtFreel Replacement Owner
    3) thatcoolguy_22
    4) Captain Hook
    5) HayPay
    6) Tornon
    7) IowaRed
    8) reds1869
    9) Vada Pinson Fan
    10) Bumstead
    11) Brutus the Pimp
    12) AtomicDumpling

The Waiver Priority to begin the season will be the same as the draft order.

Season 2 Draft:
    The draft will be a straight draft consisting of five rounds. Draft order will be the reverse of prior year's standings. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the droppped player without waiting for him to clear waivers. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over. When all five rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis.

I am glad to have all you guys back again for another great season of fantasy baseball. I have some good plans in store to hopefully kick the league up another notch to keep it fresh, interesting and exciting this season. We have some teams that have stressed the youth movement that should start seeing some big improvements this year.

Please feel free to begin posting your thoughts on the league message board and in our league thread in the Fantasy Island section of Redszone.

As soon as everyone signs into the league and I get the rosters entered we can begin making trades. Obviously we won't be able to add any free agents before the draft.

Can't wait to get started!

-- Atomic Dumpling

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 2

We still need to find one replacement owner to take over a team in this league. Any Redszone members out there that want to join this competitive dynasty league?

All owners in the league are Redszone members, which makes this league a lot more fun than playing with a bunch of strangers in a public league.

I'll take it. Last year was my 1st year playing FBB, in the RZ Auction League that Eric the Red runs. I'm returning to that this year, but I think I'm ready to add another league. PM me with the roster. I choose which players I want to keep out of HHF's roster from last year, correct?

CC: PM to AD

Last edited by Redsfan320; 02-24-2011 at 09:31 AM.
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I'll take it. Last year was my 1st year playing FBB, in the RZ Auction League that Eric the Red runs. I'm returning to that this year, but I think I'm ready to add another league. PM me with the roster. I choose which players I want to keep out of HHF's roster from last year, correct?

CC: PM to AD

Awesome! You were a great member of our auction league and I can't wait to have you over here.

Awesome! You were a great member of our auction league and I can't wait to have you over here.
    What you're really thinking: Yes! He was a sucker there, now he's some fresh meat here. HAHAHA.

No really, thanks dude. Lookin' forward to playing here and trying the whole slow draft- inheriting a team instead of building it from scratch type thing.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

What you're really thinking: Yes! He was a sucker there, now he's some fresh meat here. HAHAHA.

No really, thanks dude. Lookin' forward to playing here and trying the whole slow draft- inheriting a team instead of building it from scratch type thing.

Glad you're on board!

I'm looking forward to another likely second place finish. And that's not being too presumptuous, but rather simply a matter of odds. Last year made it like 90% of the time I've been in a fantasy league, I've finished second. It's my rightful spot in life.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Redsfan320 has been accepted as the new owner in the League of Reds Nation. Welcome to the league Redsfan320! Now it is time to show us what you got.

Welcome to the club.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I would certainly be willing to talk for a 1B. Right now I've got Loney. My starting trade chips would be him and an OF (I've got Choo, McCutchen, Jackson, DeJesus, and Bourn).

I would certainly be willing to talk for a 1B. Right now I've got Loney. My starting trade chips would be him and an OF (I've got Choo, McCutchen, Jackson, DeJesus, and Bourn).

I'm not sure if you'd consider Derrek Lee or Matt LaPorta as upgrades.. if you do, I'd be willing to talk

Hey guys,

Your players have been added to your teams. You can now go to your team page to set your lineup, plan your strategies and propose trades to other teams.

Please do not add any free agents before the draft. :

We need to set a date to begin the slow draft, which will last for 5 rounds. I will tentatively suggest March 10th at Noon as the start time for the draft. Please let me know if that works for you.

Please be active on the message board and the Redszone thread. An active league is a fun league!

Good luck with your teams, let get this baby rolling.

Draft rules:
    1.You have 10 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 10 hours, the next player can go ahead and post his pick. You do not lose your pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website.
    2. After you make your pick please email the next player to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next player and send him a message.
    3. Yahoo will add players to the database after the draft has begun. Any player that is not available in the list at the time of the first pick of the draft will not be eligible to be drafted for the duration of the draft. Those players will be available on waivers after the draft. This rule is to make sure all team owners have an equal shot at all players. The commissioner will keep a list of all players ineligible to be drafted.
    4. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: round.pick Player Name (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce) Then you can add the player to your team by selecting him from the Free Agent list.
    5.If you ask someone else to post your pick or your draftee is on waivers the commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.
    6. You can trade draft picks. The only pick you can't trade is the one that is "on the clock". We learned from experience that can cause long delays.
    7. The draft will be a straight draft. All rounds have the same draft order.
    9. Multiple picks can be skipped. For example, 10 hours have elapsed since pick 4.3 was posted so pick 4.4 is skipped and pick 4.5 is on the clock. If 10 hours later pick 4.5 has not been posted then he is skipped and pick 4.6 is on the clock.

2011:
    The draft will be a straight draft consisting of five rounds. Draft order will be the reverse of prior year's standings. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the droppped player without waiting for him to clear waivers. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over. When all five rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis -- it is not a free-for-all as soon as the last draft pick is made.

2011 Waiver Priority:
    Waiver priority will be set as the reverse of the prior year's standings.

I'm not sure if you'd consider Derrek Lee or Matt LaPorta as upgrades.. if you do, I'd be willing to talk
    Tornon, I sent you an email before I saw your message here. Just ignore the email, we can talk here. As I said in the email, I'd be looking to add a good OF in there (say Choo) and Loney for a sweeter return of Dunn.

EDIT: After thinking for half a 2nd, there's no chance in heck I trade Loney and Choo for Dunn. The OF would have to not be as good as Choo. But still, something along those lines. My OFers are: Choo, Bourn, McCutchen, DeJesus, Austin Jackson, Chris Carter (Oak, not NYM), and Abreu.

Last edited by Redsfan320; 03-02-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Tornon, I sent you an email before I saw your message here. Just ignore the email, we can talk here. As I said in the email, I'd be looking to add a good OF in there (say Choo) and Loney for a sweeter return of Dunn.

EDIT: After thinking for half a 2nd, there's no chance in heck I trade Loney and Choo for Dunn. The OF would have to not be as good as Choo. But still, something along those lines. My OFers are: Choo, Bourn, McCutchen, DeJesus, Austin Jackson, Chris Carter (Oak, not NYM), and Abreu.

Choo and Loney for Dunn would be sweet.

Well I'm reallllllly hesitant to trade away Dunn right now. If I were to give him up, I think McCutchen would at least have to be involved somehow and even then I don't know how I feel about it. I think Dunn's gonna be a monster this year

On the other side of things, I think I'd be willing to trade Lee or LaPorta if you swap me draft positions in the first round (2nd pick for 6th)

It will be interesting to see how Dunn's numbers are affected by the move to that hitters park in Chicago. He should have some better hitters protecting him in the lineup too.

Turn Off Ads?