Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 RedsZone subscriptions: 20% off, @redszone.com email, no ads!

Re: 2011 RedsZone subscriptions: 20% off, @redszone.com email, no ads!

Subcriptions are independent of membership status. Thanks for the question.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just subscribed and admit the discount is why I did. I know it's only a $6 difference, but I'm not sure if I would have paid the $30 fee. I'm sure there is some psychological phenomena going on there.

Maybe next year, announce that subscriptions are $100, but you will give a 70% discount.

Thanks for continuing to run this site. Even if I don't post often, I do lurk quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    That question is very hard to answer and I really can't do so with any sort of certainty. The reason is that it's hard to quantify the loss of advertising revenue from a specific member.

Let's say someone subscribers who never hits an ad, then obviously that subscription means a lot to us. Now, if someone subscribes who views 10 ads a day, then it would probably be better for us if they didn't do so.

So, in summary, it's simply member-specific.

I will say that I have been very dissapointed with our subscription rate. Without the ads, we wouldn't be able to keep the site up and running.
    Does the revenue come from the ads simply appearing, or is the revenue generated from people actually clicking on the ads?

If we have to actually click on the ads I will gladly take the extra few seconds to click on ads when I log onto RZ
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Does the revenue come from the ads simply appearing, or is the revenue generated from people actually clicking on the ads?
    Both

FYI

A few subcriptions processed today as a $30 auto renew (those who subscribed this time last year). For the first few weeks we had subcriptions up and running in 2010 they were all set to do this (renew anually). It was subsequently changed and is now a manual renewal process.

I'm actually going to refund all of them and allow each of you (who would like to) to renew for the lower rate of $24.

My apologies for all of the confusion.

GIK

FYI: The currently reduced rate of $24 will be running for a few more days before moving back to $30. Thanks.

Turn Off Ads?