Turn Off Ads?

Thread: DC Reds Fan

DC Reds Fan

Hello,

I have basically been "lurking" for a while...mainly because I don't get to watch many Reds games and generally am interested in what other people have to say than throwing my 2 cents in.

With the Reds potentially making the playoffs, I would enjoy catching some playoff games in the DC area with anyone else in the area (I am pretty sure there are a couple), so if anyone is in the same boat, or knows where "the" Reds bar is around here (I haven't found it), feel free to drop a line.

Thanks!
    Xavier University Football - undefeated since 1973

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: DC Reds Fan

Welcome aboard! It's good to know there are a few of us Reds fans in the DC area. I live out in Loudoun County and don't ever see anyone wearing a Reds cap or shirt around. I think there are a few more DC area fans on RZ but not that many.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I think the only time I see people wearing the Reds caps are for gang affiliation purposes.
    Xavier University Football - undefeated since 1973

Quote Originally Posted by cacollinsmba View Post
    I think the only time I see people wearing the Reds caps are for gang affiliation purposes.
    Exactly. See quite a few of those around.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I know my daughter took in a Reds game a place in the U Street area. I think someone set it up on Facebook. I can check with her to see where it was.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Rich1619

Hey, I live in DC. I am gonna go to The Bottom Line on Thursday for the game. I found that it is a Bengals bar and hopefully there might be some Reds fans that come out there.

I haven't found anywhere else that even might be a Reds bar so hopefully this place works out.

Quote Originally Posted by cacollinsmba View Post
    Hello,

I have basically been "lurking" for a while...mainly because I don't get to watch many Reds games and generally am interested in what other people have to say than throwing my 2 cents in.

With the Reds potentially making the playoffs, I would enjoy catching some playoff games in the DC area with anyone else in the area (I am pretty sure there are a couple), so if anyone is in the same boat, or knows where "the" Reds bar is around here (I haven't found it), feel free to drop a line.

Thanks!
    The Bottom Line is definitely the place to go for Reds games and definitely for a Bengals game. They serve JTM's and its an entire Cincinnati theme on Sunday's.

I'm in Alexandria and am always up for watching some games with some fellow Reds fans when possible. Looking forward to the Reds making 2 trips to the area next season--against the Orioles in June and in Washington later in the season.

DCSkyliner

A week-long visit to my childhood home re-kindled my interest in the Reds near the end of last season. What a great year to dust off my Reds cap! I haven't followed baseball at all in several years, but will be rooting for the RedLegs this year. Hope to meet rare DC-Based Reds fans through this site. Looking forward to visits to Baltimore and The Bottom Line. Thanks for the tips.

DCSkyliner

Struck out at Bottom Line!
    I took off early - burned half a days vacation - to meet Reds fans at the Bottom Line Saloon for opening day game from Cincy. A total bust! I even called before I left work, and was assured they were showing the game. Not only were they NOT showing the Reds, but I was the lone Reds fan in the joint!
    And what a game! Thank goodness for Game Day.
    Go Reds!

I live in Charlottesville Virginia and am a lifelong Reds fan...2.5 hours from DC
    Baseball is life

Quote Originally Posted by DCSkyliner View Post
    Struck out at Bottom Line!
    I took off early - burned half a days vacation - to meet Reds fans at the Bottom Line Saloon for opening day game from Cincy. A total bust! I even called before I left work, and was assured they were showing the game. Not only were they NOT showing the Reds, but I was the lone Reds fan in the joint!
    And what a game! Thank goodness for Game Day.
    Go Reds!
    Where is the Bottom Line?
    I'm in Montgomery County -- I know of a few Reds fans around (I wear my jacket all over, so I attract them like bees to honey).
    Where we gonna go?

Also a lurker, also a DC Reds fan. The Bottom Line is near Farragut West I think, downtown. I've been there for a Bengals game and it was great, that sucks about opening day. If there get to be enough of us we could take over some place.

Turn Off Ads?