Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To cut or not to cut?

Re: To cut or not to cut?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    They say the same thing about Tezas, or Utah, or Kansas, or Mississipi, or even Ohio.
    Who's "they"? I must not know them

2. Turn Off Ads?

Play nice guys. Please. Nothing personal.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Who's "they"? I must not know them
    People from San Francisco.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

I guess I'm partially responsible for starting the thread, but please try to get the topic back on track. I guess there's a fine line with this subject, but it would be nice to let it run its course properly
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The Creation Museum was neither voted on by the voters nor by any city council which is why the comparison is so empty it's laughable. I'm sure our area has done some dumb things. The fact that the Creation Musuem is the best you can do drips of desperation.

Here's a suggestion...Relax take a deep breath or two, take your time and work your favorite search engine. I know you can do better than that Museum. We're not going anywhere. You don't have to rush this.

In the meantime, if we get dinged for the Creation Museum, do we get brownie points for the Freedom Center with you?
    Without using a search engine...

Some people in Mississipi want to have a license plate that honors one of the leaders of the KKK.

Some people in Sourh Dakota want to make it legal to kill abortion providers

Some people in Missouri want to end child labor laws.

Some people in Texas wants to make it a law that you have to carry a gun at all times.

Some people in Georgia want women to have to prove that they actually had a miscarriage and not an abortion.

I am not passing judgement in anyone these attempted bills. I am sure some people who live in these states think these make perfect sense, just like some people in San Fran think their attempted laws make perfect sense.

It's all about perspective.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    They say the same thing about Tezas, or Utah, or Kansas, or Mississipi, or even Ohio.
    Yes they do... and very often they use to live in one of the aforementioned states.

The Creation Museum was neither voted on by the voters nor by any city council which is why the comparison is so empty it's laughable. I'm sure our area has done some dumb things. The fact that the Creation Musuem is the best you can do drips of desperation.

Here's a suggestion...Relax take a deep breath or two, take your time and work your favorite search engine. I know you can do better than that Museum. We're not going anywhere. You don't have to rush this.

In the meantime, if we get dinged for the Creation Museum, do we get brownie points for the Freedom Center with you?

I'm not terribly concerned with what you think is laughable.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    In the city I grew up in, Piqua, OH, there is a law on the books stating that it is unlawful for a woman to undress in front of a picture of a man that is not her husband.

It is also illegal to bathe after 8:00 PM
    Man, I'd done been arrested several times because hubby's poster of the 1990 Cinci all stars hanging in the bedroom then....

Back to the issue of the thread.

Personally, I think the guy who is starting this has some personal issues concerning his... well... his personal shortcomings, and this is how he deals with it. Some guys buy a Porsche, some guys buy certain pills off of late nite infomercials, and some guys start petitions.

BTW, just for the record, I drive a four cylinder economy car
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I think some people like to do their painting with very broad brushes. Anytime you go putting "all" in front of any group of people you're going to have some over generalizations and a few ruffled feathers.

With that said, I really don't see this going anywhere. San Francisco is a rather eclectic place and does have a good number of people I don't see eye to eye with, but one thing I've always thought about that city was that folks there are somewhat open to a good amount of diversity and voting for that measure would strike me as being a bit...um...intolerant. I have a few friends in California and the last thing any of them would want to be called would be intolerant.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I love "San Francisco" and I get tired of people from the midwest using it as some sort of pejorative reference point.

Having grown up in Cincinnati I'm well aware of how negatively such references would be viewed were they turned the other way.

I'll leave it at that.
    San Francisco is an awesome city.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

It'd be even more awesome if it sunk into the Pacific.

Such a law enacted wouldn't pass Constitutional muster without a religious exception (which I didn't notice mention of in the article) since most Jews and Muslims consider circumcision a religious practice. It's not unheard of for laws to have such exceptions; most alcohol prohibitions permit even children to take Communion wine.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    It'd be even more awesome if it sunk into the Pacific.
    Nah, then Vallejo would have a nice beach.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Such a law enacted wouldn't pass Constitutional muster without a religious exception (which I didn't notice mention of in the article) since most Jews and Muslims consider circumcision a religious practice. It's not unheard of for laws to have such exceptions; most alcohol prohibitions permit even children to take Communion wine.
    Not a problem. They'll just justify it under the General Welfare clause somehow.

Turn Off Ads?