Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Reds fans

Congrats Reds fans

Your team won the division today. I guess the only thing I have to look forward to is watching Albert in his last year as a Cardinal.

Maybe the Mayans were right, the world might end in 2012. This is probably the beginning of the end.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Congrats Reds fans

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Your team won the division today. I guess the only thing I have to look forward to is watching Albert in his last year as a Cardinal.

Maybe the Mayans were right, the world might end in 2012. This is probably the beginning of the end.
    Nice try, trying to jinx us .

This is certainly a blow to St. Louis. But there's a reason they've ruled this division for almost a decade: they're great at coming up with solutions. I expect them to suffer this year, but if they won 92 games and the division, I wouldn't be absolutely stunned.

With all due respect, Milwaukee scared me more than St. Louis this year anyways. I think the Brewers are better than both teams on paper... how that translates to the field, we'll see.

That is true cincrazy, St. Louis has had a tradition of making guys like Kent Bottenfield world beaters. I just think with Waino gone, you can just strike down at least 10 games from our record this year. It is too much of an important injury to overcome.

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Sucks for St. Louis for certain, but there is no way they are out of it as long as Carpenter and Pujols are healthy. Even without Wainwright. And the Brewers and Cubs are not going anywhere either.

All I know is that I have lost lots of bets, betting against the Cardinals in the last 15 years.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

So as it stands now what does St Louis rotation situation look like?

Carpenter
    Garcia
    Westbrook
    Loshe
    Snell/Hawksworth?

I would guess that the Batting Order will be close to:

SS Theriot
    2B Schumaker
    1B Sir Albert
    LF Holiday
    RF Berkman
    CF Rasmus
    C Molina
    3B ????

With Jay as the top PH option and Ryan as a Defensive sub?
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

Freaking Cardinals will once again defy, more like prove that they ARE Baseball Deities, winning the division by a comfortable margin.

They are the definition of impervious. Always have been.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Haunted by walks

The Cardinals were pervious last year, and might be again.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    So as it stands now what does St Louis rotation situation look like?

Carpenter
    Garcia
    Westbrook
    Loshe
    Snell/Hawksworth?

I would guess that the Batting Order will be close to:

SS Theriot
    2B Schumaker
    1B Sir Albert
    LF Holiday
    RF Berkman
    CF Rasmus
    C Molina
    3B ????

With Jay as the top PH option and Ryan as a Defensive sub?
    Hawksworth is in LA and Ryan is in Seattle. 3B will be Freese who had a promising rookie season until he was injured. To me, he is the key to the lineup being effective. Another unheralded move is getting Nick Punto who is an excellent defender. Though he has a sports hernia now, he will be key through out the season.

Still, it is going to be tough without Waino. In any given day, you expected him to throw a no hitter. That is how dominant he has been. I think he has the lowest ERA in baseball since 2007. I just do not see how the Cards can win this year without him. Who knows though, maybe Ian Snell is a Dave Duncan special. Doubt it though.

Mike Shannon

Hey Mike, don't forget, you guys are the Cardinals, the bar by which the rest of the division is typically compared. Its hard not to be down right now, but don't count yourself out of it yet.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Hey Mike, don't forget, you guys are the Cardinals, the bar by which the rest of the division is typically compared. Its hard not to be down right now, but don't count yourself out of it yet.
    Well, I guess the one thing I have to look forward to is watching Albert play in his last season as a Cardinal. I swear, this is going to be the worst year in St. Louis sports in a while. A lockout in the NFL when the Rams are starting to turn around, the St. Louis Blues having a butt load of injuries and missing the playoffs again, the Cardinals failing to make the playoffs, Albert Pujols leaving.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic. Maybe I should follow this advice from Animal House:

"Our season is over ? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! "
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 02-23-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Mike Shannon

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Cards still have two nice RHP in the farm system close to big league ready. They'll be alright.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5
    2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Unless Grienke was also injured today, this doesn't affect the race all that much.

Just kidding. There is no question the Cards were going to be contenders and this is a huge blow. I'm still not completely counting you guys out, but it's going to be tough-sledding without Wainwright. My prediction for the division is as such:

1. Reds 89-73
    2. Brewers 88-74
    3. Cardinals 81-81
    4. Cubs 78-84
    5. Astros 69-93
    6. Pirates 64-98

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Well, I guess the one thing I have to look forward to is watching Albert play in his last season as a Cardinal. I swear, this is going to be the worst year in St. Louis sports in a while. A lockout in the NFL when the Rams are starting to turn around, the St. Louis Blues having a butt load of injuries and missing the playoffs again, the Cardinals failing to make the playoffs, Albert Pujols leaving.
    Albert's last season in St. Louis will likely be in 8-10 years. lol

Maybe I'm too pessimistic
    Yes you are! lol

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life View Post
    Albert's last season in St. Louis will likely be in 8-10 years. lol
    The 1 year contract to retire as a Cardinal

Turn Off Ads?