Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RedsZone Spring Training get-together

RedsZone Spring Training get-together

It looks like the only Saturday the Reds are going to be on TV is March 12th against the hated Cubs. So Kitty Duran and myself thought we'd have our annual Spring Training get together. Last year we had it up at Bdubs in West Chester and we all had a very good time - some more than others. We're thinking we should have it at the same place this year. It's easily accessable - especially for our folks in the northern part of Reds Country - and they have a ton of TVs to watch the Reds game or any other games on. It looks like some folks from the We Bleed Reds Facebook group are interested in coming too. If you want to come for the whole game, that's great. If you just want to stay for a few innings and say hi, that's fine too. We'd just kind of like to know how big of a table we should get for the afternoon. The game starts a little after 4 and I think the only basketball going on that day is some conference tournaments.

So, come one, come all and we hope to see you there. Mods, if you would sticky this, I'd appreciate it.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Legends Never Die

Re: RedsZone Spring Training get-together

I will be there for sure since I will be in West Chester for Spring Break.

Two things one Usually when we did this on other boards we started a guest list type of thing. So if you were coming you would add a number to your post to keep track of how many people are coming.

1. Cuban_Missile and a number of how many people you are bringing. So that whoever shows up first can get a table ready.

My second and much quicker thought which Bdubs in West Chester? Union Center or Tylersville?
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    IMy second and much quicker thought which Bdubs in West Chester? Union Center or Tylersville?
    Union Center. The one by Ikea.

Legends Never Die
    Good call that one is bigger

matt
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Argh!! I all ready have plans for that day. I had a blast meeting everyone last year and now I'm bummed I'll miss the ST party this year.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Legends Never Die

Skip it, meeting me is more important!

Why not do it in Goodyear? It's a lot closer to me.

Legends Never Die

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Why not do it in Goodyear? It's a lot closer to me.
    Want to buy me gas?

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Uh oh, Chip....I have also put together a "spring training" get-together for the same day...just haven't posted anything about it until today...We will be hanging at the Great American Sports Cafe, 8740 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati OH 45236 (the original "Willies")...I kind of all ready set it up with the staff there...so, if others here would like to move it there, we would love you all to come...if not, we can all be warmed by the thought that there will be two "Spring Training" get-togethers that day!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    Uh oh, Chip....I have also put together a "spring training" get-together for the same day...just haven't posted anything about it until today...We will be hanging at the Great American Sports Cafe, 8740 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati OH 45236 (the original "Willies")...I kind of all ready set it up with the staff there...so, if others here would like to move it there, we would love you all to come...if not, we can all be warmed by the thought that there will be two "Spring Training" get-togethers that day!
    Yeah, that's OK. GASC a.k.a. Willies it is.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Cool, Chip! The "Spring Training Trainwreck" is really taking off...lol...we are even going to see if "Willie" himself might stop by...it is his establishement, after all...ha! I would just ask if anyone is going to come, to either post it here or RSVP at this facebook page.... http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...32439753491824 The weekend manager at the GASC would like it if I could give her a "heads up" on about how many will be showing up on the Thursday before. THANKS! HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE AND GO REDS!

Legends Never Die

I have RSVPD!

Is anyone interested in meeting up in Goodyear? I'll be there 3/11-3/15.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?