Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XLV

Super Bowl XLV

This should be a heck of a game. The point spread is the smallest in 27 years:

The Green Bay Packers are 2 1/2- point favorites over the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl, according to Las Vegas oddsmakers, the narrowest spread for the championship game in 27 years.
    Think this spread will get bigger or smaller in the next two weeks? I'm guessing there's a few more Steeler fans out there than Packers so I'd say if it moves at all it'll get slightly smaller.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...-27-years.html

Two rabid fanbases.

Ironically it's also two of the smaller media markets but in the NFL that doesn't matter. Only in the NFL can you have a championship game of such two small markets. This is also the 10th NFC team to play in the Super Bowl in the last ten years.

Being a Bengal fan, I can't stand the Steelers so I'll be a big GB fan in two weeks. Should be a good Super Bowl.

Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Super Bowl XLV

I would be shocked if the spread is any bigger both teams have outstanding defenses. It should be a very well played game where it might come down to a big play by one of the defenses is deciding factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

It's a shame that they have to play this game on a carpet in a domed stadium in Dallas.

These two teams should be playing on a glacier in a driving snow storm.

I'm hoping the Packers can beat the Steelers and I like the Packers chances even more if Pouncey isn't able to play.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    It's a shame that they have to play this game on a carpet in a domed stadium in Dallas.

I agree completely. I think it would be fun to see this game played in Lambeau field or any northern outdoor stadium for that matter. I think indoor title games take away from teams that are built to play in adverse conditions. That said I think the perfect playing conditions (dome) helps the more offensive football team in the Packers.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Rooting for the Steelers to win -- mostly to annoy the people I'm friends with on Facebook (who treat every Steelers win as further proof of the nonexistence of any divine influence).
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Go Packers!!

Signed,

Soon-to-be Cheesehead for a day

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Go Packers!!

Signed,

Soon-to-be Cheesehead for a day
    I'm not a big fan of the original, I think I'd go with the fez.

"Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post

And the Jersey Super Bowl will be two finesse dome teams.

Based on his post-game comments, it appears that Ben has now discovered the Lord. I wonder if that will make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Based on his post-game comments, it appears that Ben has now discovered the Lord. I wonder if that will make any difference.
    This was after he was violated by Mendenhall after one of the kneel downs.

I'm actually of the weird Southeastern Ohio breed that is very passionate about both the Cincinnati Reds and the Pittsburgh Steelers. I am estatic. Hands down the best sports year of my life. I hate the NBA, so that doesn't matter, I am an Ohio State Student and besides the Pryor stuff, it is the best time of all time to be a Buckeye. I don't know what to do with myself.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

I hate the Steelers and the Packers are one of my favorite teams, so I will have a real rooting interest in this Super Bowl. I am surprised that the Packers are favored. The Steelers have a lot of veterans from their 2005 and 2008 teams that won Super Bowls whereas the Packers are virtually free of Super Bowl experience. I think the Steelers should be favored.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Yeah sure, maybe the Packers defense will genuflect after they knock him out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I hate the Steelers and the Packers are one of my favorite teams, so I will have a real rooting interest in this Super Bowl. I am surprised that the Packers are favored. The Steelers have a lot of veterans from their 2005 and 2008 teams that won Super Bowls whereas the Packers are virtually free of Super Bowl experience. I think the Steelers should be favored.
    I think the Steelers are a pretty flawed team. Their OLine is porous and is only bailed out because Big Ben is an animal. I do think they benefited from two favorable match ups in the Playoffs. They played two very similar teams to them but they had a huge advantage at QB. IMO Sanchez isn't ready to be a top tier QB, one that is capable of winning a football game. The Steelers used that to their advantage. There will be a difference against the Packers because not only are the Pack a very good defensive team but they also have a great O. I think that is what makes the difference.

Turn Off Ads?