Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Partial Roster for Louisville

Re: Partial Roster for Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    What about Denove? As far as I know, he hasn't been let go. Also, Delgado was a free agent and I am pretty sure he wasn't resigned.
    I am pretty sure Delgado was resigned. Not sure about Denove. Corky and Mesoraco are not going anywhere. He could be injured in ST like Valiquette. Hopefully he has not been released. Maybe he will be the first base coach/filler player like Brian Peterson in '09 and Jake Long in '10. I doubt it, as he is much better then any of those two.

Also, I have replaced Fairel with Kyle McCulloch, who I forgot about. I put him and Cochran in the bullpen, though they could both be in the rotation.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    I am pretty sure Delgado was resigned. Not sure about Denove. Corky and Mesoraco are not going anywhere. He could be injured in ST like Valiquette. Hopefully he has not been released. Maybe he will be the first base coach/filler player like Brian Peterson in '09 and Jake Long in '10. I doubt it, as he is much better then any of those two.

Also, I have replaced Fairel with Kyle McCulloch, who I forgot about. I put him and Cochran in the bullpen, though they could both be in the rotation.
    Deno was not a free agent. He has to fit in somewhere.

As for Delgado, I am not sure. He was injured at the end of last year, I know that. I am almost positive they didn't resign him, but you very well may be right.

-The Insider-

Did some research and Delgado is pitching for the Rojos del Aguila de Veracruz of the Mexican league.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Did some research and Delgado is pitching for the Rojos del Aguila de Veracruz of the Mexican league.
    Nice job, thanks. I am not sure what happened to Denove. There is no way the Reds released Corky over Denove. He must be either injured, released or the first base coach/filler player. I don't see the Bats starting with three catchers, as they would have to release Griffin or Barton to do so. I guess we will just have to wait until Thursday to find out.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    Nice job, thanks. I am not sure what happened to Denove. There is no way the Reds released Corky over Denove. He must be either injured, released or the first base coach/filler player. I don't see the Bats starting with three catchers, as they would have to release Griffin or Barton to do so. I guess we will just have to wait until Thursday to find out.
    I'll find out by Tuesday at the latest.

Anybody recommend a good golf course in Louisville? I'd like to play Friday morning before I head back home.

Quote Originally Posted by mumike View Post
    Anybody recommend a good golf course in Louisville? I'd like to play Friday morning before I head back home.
    If you cross the river into Indiana, there's a Fuzzy Zellar course (he's from that area, might be were he still lives). I don't know if its private or public, nor the cost, but I played there before a wedding w/ the wedding party. Nice course, nice layout. Not "easy" but not terribly tough either. Of course we were playing in a scramble style event w/ lots of beverages, so the difficulty of the course may vary. Definently worth checking out.

Here you go.. I'm not sure which course we played, but the one was a fairly short drive across the river (looks like they're pretty close to each other)

http://www.fuzzygolf.com/golf/proto/fuzzygolf/index.htm
    Last edited by medford; 04-04-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Fisher
    Carroll
    Gil
    Herrera
    Horst
    Johnson, D
    Klinker
    Krebs
    McCulloch
    Reineke
    Willis
    Cochran

Mesoraco
    Miller

Cozart
    Dorn
    Frazier
    Griffin
    Negron
    Valaika

Alonso
    Barton
    Hermida
    Sappelt

Inactive:
    Lehr
    Valiquette

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Fisher
    Carroll
    Gil
    Herrera
    Horst
    Johnson, D
    Klinker
    Krebs
    McCulloch
    Reineke
    Willis
    Cochran

Mesoraco
    Miller

Cozart
    Dorn
    Frazier
    Griffin
    Negron
    Valaika

Alonso
    Barton
    Hermida
    Sappelt

Inactive:
    Lehr
    Valiquette
    What's a best guess as to the starting lineup? Someone please correct my mistakes:

C-Mesoraco
    1B-Dorn
    2B-Valaika
    SS-Cozart
    3B-Frazier
    LF-Alonso
    C-Sappelt
    RF-Hermida

That seems like an absolutely loaded AAA lineup. The injuries to Cueto/Bailey really hurt the starting staff though.
    Last edited by Drugs Delaney; 04-05-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Seems like a very good guess at the opening day lineup.

I just hope Alonso shows some improvement in LF.

-The Insider-

I would be very disappointed if Negs didn't start. I think that's dumb for him to be up there and not start. He should be starting, even if it's Double-A.

Who would sit at Louisville for Negron?

I don't see it happening.

Sweet will give him playing time though.

I think the pitching is going to be just fine also. Should be a kick butt team

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Who would sit at Louisville for Negron?

I don't see it happening.

Sweet will give him playing time though.
    Rotate him and Valaika between DH/2B when its available.

Quote Originally Posted by mumike View Post
    I forgot to mention the most famed course in the area. Valhalla is down the road a bit, if you want to play somewhere where the PGA championship & US Open has been played at. My boss has played there a couple of times and enjoys it. I'm sure its costly, if that's a consideration.

Turn Off Ads?