Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Louisville Basketball

Re: Louisville Basketball

Purvis will be a card and Rick Jr. will not be our next head coach. Move on.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan View Post
    ^^^^^This.^^^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter! @Redlegs_Review
    Link to my Reds blog http://redlegsreview.com/

I won't guarantee Purvis until he signs but I agree with you on the second point.

Just like Teague, huh?

No Fuller = Likely No Purvis

Ricky want his boy to have his job, and in the city of Louisville, Ricky gets what Ricky wants.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Ricky want his boy to have his job, and in the city of Louisville, Ricky gets what Ricky wants.
    You're wrong on this. Pitino has never had the fan base completely on his side due to the fact that he has failed to meet expectations and his recent off court problems. Jurich, on the other hand, can do no wrong around here. He stumbled a little with the Kragthorpe hire but regained his status by bringing in Charlie Strong. Jurich has more clout than Pitino and more fan support. On top of that, none of the fans want Richard to be the next coach.

In reality, Pitino likely has 3-5 years left, so debating this now doesn't accomplish much.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    You're wrong on this. Pitino has never had the fan base completely on his side due to the fact that he has failed to meet expectations and his recent off court problems. Jurich, on the other hand, can do no wrong around here. He stumbled a little with the Kragthorpe hire but regained his status by bringing in Charlie Strong. Jurich has more clout than Pitino and more fan support. On top of that, none of the fans want Richard to be the next coach.

In reality, Pitino likely has 3-5 years left, so debating this now doesn't accomplish much.
    If there isn't an agreement in place for Ricky Jr. to take over at UL in 3-5 years, then look for Rick to move jobs one more time before he hangs it up.

He's the "Associate Head Coach," right? We know what Billy D thinks and he's practically a son to Pitino as well.
    Last edited by WMR; 04-16-2011 at 03:48 PM.

If there isn't an agreement in place for Ricky Jr. to take over at UL in 3-5 years, then look for Rick to move jobs one more time before he hangs it up.

He's the "Associate Head Coach," right? We know what Billy D thinks and he's practically a son to Pitino as well.
    He has the same position Masiello had before him. Everyone has denied this rumor and it's really a none issue. And if the program is in a similar place 3 years from now as it is today, Louisville fans won't mind if Rick leaves for another job.

I know you're a UK fan, but from a UofL fans point of view, none of this would make any sense at all. Jurich is not going to hire an unproven coach and I doubt Pitino would want his son to enter the hostile environment he would face following his father and dealing with an angry fan base. I fully expect Richard to follow the same path as Masiello and Kevin Willard before him and move on to a mid-major in the northeast before moving up to one of the lesser Big East schools like Willard did with Seton Hall. Pitino pulled the strings to pave the path for Kevin Willard and he'll pull the same strings for his son.

Actually, if he can achieve some success at Seton Hall, I think you could see Willard make a return trip to coach at Louisville. He wouldn't be the first choice but even UK didn't get their first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I know you're a UK fan, but from a UofL fans point of view, none of this would make any sense at all. Jurich is not going to hire an unproven coach and I doubt Pitino would want his son to enter the hostile environment he would face following his father and dealing with an angry fan base.
    I think its more wishful thinking by WMR than anything. I'm a UK fan but even I see the pitfalls of a Richard succession.

Richard Pitino=Pat Knight. Especially if he ever did coach at Louisville. The "good cop" compared to their fathers, but nowhere near the motivator or coach.

I think Richard Pitino could be a good coach, just not on a big stage, and definitely not right away.

As for Purvis, he has stated he is still committed to Louisville, but I'm with you in that i'll believe it when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think its more wishful thinking by WMR than anything. I'm a UK fan but even I see the pitfalls of a Richard succession.

Richard Pitino=Pat Knight. Especially if he ever did coach at Louisville. The "good cop" compared to their fathers, but nowhere near the motivator or coach.

I think Richard Pitino could be a good coach, just not on a big stage, and definitely not right away.

As for Purvis, he has stated he is still committed to Louisville, but I'm with you in that i'll believe it when I see it.
    Just wait till it happens.

Pitino the Puppet Master pulling the strings in his Godfather suit...

Just wait till it happens.

Pitino the Puppet Master pulling the strings in his Godfather suit...
    You mean this suit?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Just like Teague, huh?

No Fuller = Likely No Purvis

Thanks, run along to any of your UK threads any time.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Top 100 kid Negus Webster-Chan decommitted from UL today. Card fan reaction?

Will he follow Fuller to Mizzou?

This has got to increase Cardinal fan nervousness concerning Purvis just a tad...

Top 100 kid Negus Webster-Chan decommitted from UL today. Card fan reaction?

Will he follow Fuller to Mizzou?

This has got to increase Cardinal fan nervousness concerning Purvis just a tad...
    Webster-Chan decomitted because of Lieberman not Fuller. Lieberman was reassigned to operation manager and apparently Webster-Chan wasn't happy about that change. Not a huge loss.

As I said before, recruiting is so fluid that I don't count on the recruits much until they sign. Given the immense turnover at UofL they're going to lose some recruits and pick up some new recruits. Hopefully, they keep Fuller but I won't be surprised if he decommits. I remember when everyone was upset over Michael Chandler decommitting a couple years ago. Now, he has gone from top five prospect to top 100 and UCF. On the other end, Anthony Davis went from nowhere to number one prospect in a year, so you really can't sweat the details until they get closer to signing day.

In related news, Tony Woods, everyone's favorite thug, is threatening to look around unless UofL gives him a scholarship. Apparently, when he said that he wanted to walk on and put in the hard work to rebuild his career and image that was only if he couldn't find anything better.

Thanks for the insight into Negus.

What do you want UL to do w/ Woods? What do you think Pitino WILL do? Will he cave? I guess Woods has found another team that has guaranteed him a scholly...

Thanks for the insight into Negus.

What do you want UL to do w/ Woods? What do you think Pitino WILL do? Will he cave? I guess Woods has found another team that has guaranteed him a scholly...
    Woods didn't play much at Wake Forest and will be buried on the bench next year behind Jennings, Dieng, and Van Treese. Given that the scholarship situation is already very tight, I'd rather not give one to a character risk who won't even see the floor much over the next two years. Given all of that I don't think Pitino will offer him. I'm not even sure where the scholarship would come from, although seeing how they were pursuing Kevin Ware they must feel that they have one available.

Turn Off Ads?