Lewis 7
    Francisco 5
    Hermida 9
    Hernandez 2
    Cozart 6
    Frazier 3
    Valaika 4

Bailey 1

Top of 3rd, DR Herrera is in the game now taking over for Bailey. Homer with a good start. 2IP, 1H, no runs, walks, or Ks.

No tv or radio for this one.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3-2-11 Reds vs. ChiSox

Herrera with a scoreless frame. Burton as well. Burton strikes out 2 of the 3 batters he faced after hitting the first batter. Reds still looking for their first hit of the day as we head into the bottom of the fourth.

Razor doubles with two down in the bottom of the fourth. Alex Bucholz will pinch-run. Cozart will try to bring him around. And that was fast as Cozart, according to Gameday, looked at three straight strikes. That isn't gonna impress Dusty.
    Last edited by texasdave; 03-02-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Top of the 5th and Mesoraco is catching.
    Burton allows a 2-out single and strikes out a pair. 2 IP and 4 K for Jared. Nice outing.

One-out single by Valaika in the bottom half of the fifth. And he promptly erases himself on a caught stealing.
    Stubbs follows with a single. A single and a walk for Drew on the day. Heisey reaches on an error. Lewis then singles Stubbs home and the first run of the game is on the board.
    Runners still on the corners with 2 down. Wild pitch brings Heisey home 2 zip Reds. Lewis at second base. Juan Francisco doubles off the wall in left-center to plate Lewis as the two-out onslaught continues. 3 - zip now. Hermida ups the ante for a place on the squad with a 2-run bomb. And that is how you score 5 unearned runs after two were out. Hermida now stroking at a .571 clip. Devin Mesoraco strikes out and the bottom of the fifth comes to an end. Reds hang up a five-spot. On to the sixth.
    Last edited by texasdave; 03-02-2011 at 04:40 PM.

I wonder if this lineup is the "maybe" group. If so, Sappelt seems Louisville bound no matter what.

Sixth inning: Carlos Fisher with a chance to strut his stuff. Plenty of changes: Means in CF, Griffin in LF, Arias playing 3B, Perez in RF, Rojas at SS, Dorn at 1B and Negron at 2B.

Fisher walks Pierre leading off. No bueno.
    Beckham walks as well. No bueno.
    Rios pops up.
    Konerko singles home a run. 5-1.
    Quentin singles home a run; both runners move up on a throwing error by Griffin. 5-2.
    Grounder to the right side scores a run. Two down; runner at third. 5-3.
    Pop to SS ends the top of the sixth but the Pale Hosers get 3 back.
    Last edited by texasdave; 03-02-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    I wonder if this lineup is the "maybe" group. If so, Sappelt seems Louisville bound no matter what.
    Usually the vets play at home and the maybes have to hit the road. But it looks like you are right. Sappelt and Hermida with outstanding springs early on.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Usually the vets play at home and the maybes have to hit the road. But it looks like you are right. Sappelt and Hermida with outstanding springs early on.
    I didn't know that. I am headed out to AZ to catch a few games soon. I'll be sure to check out both home and away games to get the full spectrum. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    I didn't know that. I am headed out to AZ to catch a few games soon. I'll be sure to check out both home and away games to get the full spectrum. Thanks for the tip.
    I believe I read that is one of the perks of being a vet. Few ST bus rides.

Bottom 6th: Tons of changes for Chicago.

Rojas flies to right.
    Dorn walks.
    Negron doubles him home. 6-3.
    Torreyes pinch hits and grounds to SS. Negron moves to third.
    Means Ks.

Reds get a run back. 6-3 after six played.

Bottom of the 7th: Jose Arredondo pitching.

Dog-walking time here. It will be interesting to see how he fared when I return.

Mr. Arredondo was channeling Aroldis Chapman today. He gave up 3 runs in 2/3s of an inning. He struck out 2, gave up just one hit but walked three and hit a batter. Daryl Thompson come out to blow the save but get the win. He gave up 3 hits in 2 1/3 innings. He walked one and struck out two. He gave up no runs. Devin Mesoraco went deep in the bottom of the 8th to send the fans home smiling.
    Last edited by texasdave; 03-02-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Turn Off Ads?