Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Interesting Greinke Interview

Interesting Greinke Interview

Interesting interview with Greinke by Jim Haudricourt.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/116683129.html
    Later, Greinke added, "I like a lot of the guys. I haven't seen anyone yet that's annoying to me. They've all been good."
    Marty was talking about an article about Greinke during todays game and I assume it was this one. Overall you can definitely see from how he talks that he is still dealing with his anxiety issues a lot. It will be interesting to see what might happen to Greinke's attitude if the Brewers hit a rough patch and the clubhouse atmosphere takes a turn for the worse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Interesting Greinke Interview

Greinke would be in for a rough time pitching in the playoffs. The number of reporters bothering him would increase exponentially.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

He's just a different kind of guy. I doubt he impacts the clubhouse chemistry at all because he keeps to himself.

Would it be poor sportsmanship if redszone orchestrated a personalized Zach Greinke chant when he is pitching at GABP?

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orenda View Post
    Would it be poor sportsmanship if redszone orchestrated a personalized Zach Greinke chant when he is pitching at GABP?
    You mean like "Xanax, Xanax, Xanax, Xanax!"???

Yes, that would be completely out of line.

Honestly, I feel bad for the guy. Anxiety/depression is no laughing matter and I hope he's fine in that regard. I hope the Reds rock him every time they face him (not likely) but I hope he's in good mental health.

If a fan of another team was making fun of Joey Votto's bout with depression and I was around ... them would be fightin' words.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    You mean like "Xanax, Xanax, Xanax, Xanax!"???

Yes, that would be completely out of line.

Honestly, I feel bad for the guy. Anxiety/depression is no laughing matter and I hope he's fine in that regard. I hope the Reds rock him every time they face him (not likely) but I hope he's in good mental health.

If a fan of another team was making fun of Joey Votto's bout with depression and I was around ... them would be fightin' words.
    very true, but my humanity will be tested when he starts blowing away reds batters.
    Last edited by Orenda; 02-28-2011 at 06:25 PM.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

The way some of these Bozo's act at the park, chanting Xanax at him would be a relief.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I didn't hear what Marty said about the interview but I don't see anything wrong with what Greinke had to say.

Greinke sounded a whole lot like Joey Votto to me. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe that to be a good thing.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 03-01-2011 at 03:23 AM.

Turn Off Ads?