Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who will be the Reds #1 prospect next season? Who makes the biggest leap?

Re: Who will be the Reds #1 prospect next season? Who makes the biggest leap?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Someone should see if Duran can pitch.

My sleeper for the year is Neftali Soto. I think he is poised for a HUGE year and should zoom up the list. Could battle for the top spot.

Like him a lot still, but as we saw with Mes, if you aren't near the top to start, it's gonna be hard for you to move up enough with just one rebound season to get to the top....
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

2. Turn Off Ads?

Also... If he still qualifies, I expect Alonso to be first. If not, gimme Yorman...

Biggest jump? Reds first round draft pick... He's unranked right now...

Biggest jump amongst currently signed players? HRod...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

It's the smallest of small sample sizes, but Juan Duran has caught my eye this spring. He's had four plate appearances this spring and all four have been impressive: a 400 foot flyout to dead CF, a walk, an opposite field double, and a line drive single to CF. I was surprised by how comfortable he looked on TV Tuesday against far more advanced pitchers. If he continues to impress he may find himself in Dayton to begin the season.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

I hope it's a dead heat between Hamilton and YRod with Grandal a close third. It will mean BH continued his rise and YRod has really come on strong. It will also probably mean Mes is with the big club.

I wouldn't mind going into next spring with a top five (in no specific order) of:

Billy Hamilton
    Yorman Rodriguez
    Yasmani Grandal
    Kyle Lotzkar
    Dave Sappelt (or) Juan Duran

Hopefully there is some kind of resolution (w/the Reds or dealt) for Alonso, Frazier, Francisco, Mes Cozart, etc.

So many of the choices posters have selected, are players already on the MLB cusp, at AAA. (The next step is MLB). I focus on the 2nd part of the query, "who will make the biggest leap"? That makes me think of players who like Mesoraco and Sappelt, both of whom climbed 3 levels in a season. Who is most likely to move 2 or 3 levels this year?

Turn Off Ads?