Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey Votto has NOW hit the big time

Joey Votto has NOW hit the big time

Winning the MVP was nice, helping lead the Reds to their first division win in years was nice, having your own ESPN commerical is nice..but how do you know you have made it to the big time? Anyone? Anyone?

You get your own TOY. That's right, McFarlane figures is coming out with a Joey Votto figure that will be on all toy shelves very soon. Now that is making it big time....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joey Votto has NOW hit the big time

I've got one sitting on my desk right now. I preordered a case of them back in October, and they shipped last week.

Horrible, horrible, likeness...for Votto. However, it's like I have a 6" Miguel Cairo sitting on my desk.

Without Flash
    Right Side
    Front
    Full Figure

I mean, yeah, it's #19 and Votto...and that's several kinds of awesome. But having seen what McFarlane can do, it's a bit of a disappointment.
    Last edited by KYRedLeg; 03-02-2011 at 08:58 PM.

I was really disappointed with the Mcfarlane when I saw it, because they usually do really well with these. I have Griffey, Dunn, Palmer, and Ocho. I want to get Votto's too, but I was disappointed with how little it looks like him.

KYRed, yours looks pretty different than the picture on Amazon. Sure yours are legit?

Oh definitely, they came in a sealed case from McFarlane. That's just the difference between a hand-painted prototype that is photographed for retailers, and the finished production piece. Most of the airbrushed details are gone too, like the dirt on his leg and shoes. Gloves are a different color now. If the helmet was situated a little higher on the finished figures, I feel like it would make his whole face look different.

To add insult to injury, the chase figure in my case was Halladay's variant.

LOL. They turned Votto Latino...or gave him a really dark tan.

what a joke, that is terrible

LOL that does look like Cairo

That is, without a doubt, the worst attempt at a players likeness that I have ever seen. Just absolutely pitiful. If I were Votto I'd be pissed.

It must have been very sunny in Canada this winter to get a tan like that.

Been poking around the McFarlane message board a bit...

Joey Votto

MLB Series 15 Carlos Delgado

That at least helps to explain why Votto's body seems off, especially arms that seem way too ripped to me. Still no excuse for taking what was a passable likeness on the face and turning it into Cairo.
    Last edited by KYRedLeg; 03-03-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    Been poking around the McFarlane message board a bit...

Joey Votto

MLB Series 15 Carlos Delgado

That at least helps to explain why Votto's body seems off, especially arms that seem way too ripped to me. Still no excuse for taking what was a passable likeness on the face and turning it into Cairo.
    Wait - there's a message board for McFarlane toys...err...action figures?

Wow.

Terrible likeness, btw.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Legends Never Die

Yeah that is absolutely terrible!
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Yeah, the arms on Votto's figure made me think he got on the juice during the winter. Muscles, muscles, muscles!

Kudos to KYRed for the Cairo pic beside the figure. I've showed it to a couple of people at work this morning and they've found it hilarious.

What I can't believe is that the chose to go with a Votto. I mean don't get me wrong, i love the guy and what he has done, but lets be honest, if they were going to do a Red, then the only choice should have been Paul Janish....

Turn Off Ads?