Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marty Brennaman

Re: Marty Brennaman

Marty is a cranky old man. That being said, the day I don't get to hear his voice during the Reds baseball during the summer will be a very very sad day. I'm 25 so I don't know what life would be like without Marty on the radio during the summer. It's all most of us know.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    Marty is a cranky old man. That being said, the day I don't get to hear his voice during the Reds baseball during the summer will be a very very sad day. I'm 25 so I don't know what life would be like without Marty on the radio during the summer. It's all most of us know.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

The first time I met Marty at spring training in 1992, he took the time to sit and talk with me for close to 30 minutes. All I asked for was an autograph, but will always appreciate the conversation and how great he was to me. Many players could stand to learn how to interact with fans from him.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I've met Marty a few times and he has always been very nice. I wasn't lucky enough to get to have a 30-minute conversation with him, but I've never seen him be rude to any fans. I look at his on-air personality as entertainment, whether he comes across as arrogant or not. The Reds have the best broadcasters in Major League Baseball and Marty leads the crew. I agree with the poster who commented on what a sad day it will be when the first season rolls around without Marty behind the mic. We should appreciate what we have.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    I'm 36, and it's all I know. Every spring I still have to adjust to not hearing Joe...I like The Cowboy and Kelch, but I still say "I'm listening to Marty and Joe", it's an old habit I don't necessarily want to break.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Reds and 26.2's

Cranky, yes..
    Ego-driven, yes..

But after all these years, it's going to be a sad season when I tune into the Reds on Radio and don't hear Marty Brennaman.

I still miss the Old Left Hander.

Radio

Love Marty, Love his attitude.

Turn Off Ads?