8. Jacob
    7. Hailey
    6. Thia
    5. Alaina
    4. James
    3. Pia
    2. Casey
    1. Scotty
    Paul is too "unique" to be the first one out if you ask me. I predict one of the girls who sang a "boring" song will be going home tonight.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: American Idol Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Scotty is interesting because he doesn't have much versatility, but he does Country really well. He'll probably get a deal after he's voted off.
    Not a doubt in my mind.

What separates him from the gaggle of Idol castoffs and assorted refugees from other genres who come to Nashville looking to make a country record (most of which are heard briefly if at all) is this -- he's not choosing to be a country singer; he simply is one. That kind of authenticity goes a long way. He could stand to refine his style so he won't automatically be mistaken for Josh Turner on the radio, though.

So yeah, he doesn't have much chance to win in my opinion (the one-trick ponies usually get tripped up by a theme night somewhere), but in the big picture he doesn't need to win or even seriously threaten it, as long as he keeps delivering the goods to his future audience.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Ashton went home last night. The bottom 3 was a little surprising, but no one I would consider a top 5 contestant was in it.

Really enjoyed last night. This is the best group they have had in several seasons. If I had to pick someone to go home I would say Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Really enjoyed last night. This is the best group they have had in several seasons. If I had to pick someone to go home I would say Haley.
    I agree on all 3 accounts.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Double post
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 03-27-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Really shocked that Casey was the one who didn't get the votes, probably needs to do less growling but ultimately he isn't gonna win because it's a popularity contest amongst adolescent girls.

But I agree with most of you that this is a great group.

Pia, Lauren & Jacob probably will be top 3 with Lauren squeaking it out over Pia. I like the girl (Lauren) and think she has the talent but not sure she can handle the spotlight. I'm pulling mostly for Casey, Lauren Alaina, Paul & James. Not a fan of Thia or Haley (also losing steam on the underdog Naima) although both sing plenty good enough and seem to have that "Idol package", well except for the fact they are not so much artists as they are singers.

J-Lo is surprisingly solid as a judge, Randy seems to have taken the Simon position of being a bit tough on them and I liked Tyler until they got down to 13 or so, can he say something noteworthy that isn't jibberish? Also not sure I like how they are using Jimmy Iovine and his guys every week, it's probably better for the contestants in some ways but worse in others and not nearly as fun as watching someone different every week give them something to improve.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

The judges just haven't done it for me lately. It seems more and more like a love fest every week. While I don't agree with Simons mean spirited criticism, J LO and Tyler seem to have gone the other way and practically love everyone they see. I don't think this is doing the contestants any favors.

Overall it has been a nice season with some really good talent.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I think this is the best judges panel the show has had since the beginning. I also think there is no need to have any judges at this point in the process. Once the decision is in the hands of the voting public the job of the judges is over and now they are just an annoying distraction. I don't need someone else to tell me who to vote for. I am quite capable of deciding for myself which songs I enjoyed the most. I would rather hear more singing and less bloviating from the judges.

Maybe one reason the talent is better this season is that the contestants seem to be getting a LOT more coaching, guidance and assistance than they did in the past. At least they are showing more of it during the broadcasts. The singers have extensive access to experienced singing coaches, chart-topping music producers and Jimmy Iovine -- all of whom have much greater influence on the singers than the brief and silly "criticism" from the judges.

Last night was pretty rough for quite a few. I say bye-bye to Naima and Stefano, possibly Thia. I also thought Scotty stunk it up last night, but he should be safe.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Last night was a little mixed. Totally disagree about Scotty though I thought he was one of the best.

Naima was just awful. That was easily the worst performance on the show this year. I also thought Hailey and Thia were rough.

I'm starting to think more and more that everyone else is just playing for second place because Pia has this thing locked up.

Pretty close to what I thought. Naima, Hailey were just bad. (And judges thought she was good?), Thai, and Stefano below par. Be very surprised if one of those 4 not going. Paul too.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Last night was a little mixed. Totally disagree about Scotty though I thought he was one of the best.

Naima was just awful. That was easily the worst performance on the show this year. I also thought Hailey and Thia were rough.

I'm starting to think more and more that everyone else is just playing for second place because Pia has this thing locked up.
    I think the talent for the guys is much stronger overall than the girls this year. I agree that Pia is awesome, but I think Thia, Haley, and Naima should go before any of the guys.

Casey's been my favorite all along. I really though he was going to go far, but I'm not sure after last week.

I thought Scotty was pretty solid. I don't think he's versatile enough to win, but it doesn't really matter for him. The longer he stays on the show, the more he builds a fanbase for when he inevitably gets signed to a country deal.

I watched last night for the 1st time this season, though I missed the 1st couple. I agree with most of what's been said so far, but I also think James was very bad. Like some weird Adam Lambert wanna-be.. and Adam Lambert wasn't even good.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I watched last night for the 1st time this season, though I missed the 1st couple. I agree with most of what's been said so far, but I also think James was very bad. Like some weird Adam Lambert wanna-be.. and Adam Lambert wasn't even good.

I agree. He's like a poor's man Adam Lambert. He has some good moments, but overall he just isn't all that.

Turn Off Ads?