Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 10

Re: American Idol Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I think the talent for the guys is much stronger overall than the girls this year. I agree that Pia is awesome, but I think Thia, Haley, and Naima should go before any of the guys.

Casey's been my favorite all along. I really though he was going to go far, but I'm not sure after last week.

I thought Scotty was pretty solid. I don't think he's versatile enough to win, but it doesn't really matter for him. The longer he stays on the show, the more he builds a fanbase for when he inevitably gets signed to a country deal.
    Yes, the guys are much better than the girls. Pia is awesome, but I'm kind of tired of hearing the exact same thing each week. Last night was the first time I've liked Haley. She has been horrible up to that point. Casey is my favorite too. Glad he's still on. Scotty is very good and will have a successful career. I just thought last night was his worst performance to date.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Yes, the guys are much better than the girls. Pia is awesome, but I'm kind of tired of hearing the exact same thing each week. Last night was the first time I've liked Haley. She has been horrible up to that point. Casey is my favorite too. Glad he's still on. Scotty is very good and will have a successful career. I just thought last night was his worst performance to date.
    Have to agree with most of that. Pia is singing so well, there's not much for them to nitpick except her repetitive song choices.

Haley was actually good last night, I thought. If Simon was still around, he probably would have tossed out "cabaret" at some point, but it was good cabaret, at least. But like a few of the others, it's pretty certain she won't be around for too many more weeks.

Scotty was good -- until the money note. His low notes are like the big high notes for the other singers. If you're going for it, better hit it. I'm wondering if the rehearsal workload is starting to affect his voice, the low range sounded less rich than usual.

Jacob's just freaking awesome.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Jacob was referred to as Mantasia on a blog. That was great. Here's prediction on Pia, she'll sing 2 non-ballads and they'll tell her to stick to what she does best.

Jacob annoys me. He's a good singer just seems like he's WAY over the top on every song.

Damn, this group is loaded with talent. Top 9 tonight. I think Stefano goes for sure, but I'm having a very difficult time figuring who the other bottom 2 will be. Maybe Hailey and Durbin? IMO, this is far and away the deepest Top 9 in the show's history.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Damn, this group is loaded with talent. Top 9 tonight. I think Stefano goes for sure, but I'm having a very difficult time figuring who the other bottom 2 will be. Maybe Hailey and Durbin? IMO, this is far and away the deepest Top 9 in the show's history.
    Yeah even the "bad" ones aren't that bad. I think the bottom three tonight will be Hailey, Stefano and Lauren with one of the first two going home.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Tia is gone. I thought she would be in trouble, as that performance was atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Tia is gone. I thought she would be in trouble, as that performance was atrocious.
    It's Pia but yeah I agree. I was actually gonna suggest it earlier today that she'd be in the bottom 3, her and Jacob in fact but I didn't think either would go home. I figured whoever the 3rd was would go. I think alot of people felt she was the favorite but people could see she wasn't a great performer, just a great voice and of course was visually stunning.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    It's Pia but yeah I agree. I was actually gonna suggest it earlier today that she'd be in the bottom 3, her and Jacob in fact but I didn't think either would go home. I figured whoever the 3rd was would go. I think alot of people felt she was the favorite but people could see she wasn't a great performer, just a great voice and of course was visually stunning.
    Yep, Pia is pretty boring on stage. This is unfortunate because she has a good voice. Stefano still should've been the one to go this week. But his time will come soon.

Pia will go down as one of the big shocks of all time like Daughtry. They shouldn't have used the save on Casey.

On the other hand, unlike 99% of them where they say they'll do big things..... I think Pia WILL go on to big things.

Wow. I thought Pia was going to win and she goes home in 9th. That is just crazy. I actually think it's more shocking than Daughtry just because it's still relatively early. There is still 2 more months of Idol and no having that exposure is going to hurt her so some degree I believe.

It's almost a crime that she didn't win. If this is a singing contest, she should have won, hands down. She will be a huge star. There is no one else that I can say that about. I like Lauren and Paul and even some of the others, but Pia has star written all over her.

I think Casey did the best the other night.

I always figured the show was fixed, to some degree, and I no longer believe that.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Pia will go down as one of the big shocks of all time like Daughtry. They shouldn't have used the save on Casey.

On the other hand, unlike 99% of them where they say they'll do big things..... I think Pia WILL go on to big things.
    I couldn't disagree any more. While Pia has a great voice, she can't tell a story to save her life and she is very boring. She doesn't connect with anyone and most certainly not with the tween girls who do the majority of the voting. I thought she would last longer than she did, but I never thought she would win the whole thing.

Casey on the other hand is not only an interesting singer/musician/artist, he has a personality that shows on stage. He did get a little too far off the beaten path for a couple of weeks, but he deserved to be saved and has a good shot of at least being in the top 5, maybe more.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I couldn't disagree any more. While Pia has a great voice, she can't tell a story to save her life and she is very boring. She doesn't connect with anyone and most certainly not with the tween girls who do the majority of the voting. I thought she would last longer than she did, but I never thought she would win the whole thing.

Casey on the other hand is not only an interesting singer/musician/artist, he has a personality that shows on stage. He did get a little too far off the beaten path for a couple of weeks, but he deserved to be saved and has a good shot of at least being in the top 5, maybe more.
    I agree about Pia.

Casey is great. I still believe he's the most talented contestant ever on the show. Great voice and a great musician. He could sing anything from jazz to rock. He's pretty amazing.

And while Casey will go down as a qurky footnote never to be heard of again, Pia has already signed a record deal with the guy who's mentoring the show. I bet she'll get more than the winner.

Turn Off Ads?