Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Carolina Mudcats Roster - What will it look like?

Re: 2011 Carolina Mudcats Roster - What will it look like?

Quote Originally Posted by bowles8 View Post
    That's a good thing...He never did impress me too much anyway! Saw him when he was with the Mets (Kingsport) his rookie season. Seemed he thought he was a lot better than what he really was.
    I thought he produced pretty well, kind of surprised me that he was never given much of an opportunity to play above AA. His girlfriend was a poster here the last couple of seasons but she never posted a whole lot, mostly just about Sean, seemed like a nice girl.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

I thought he was good solid ballplayer. Could fill a role and make majors as backup if he chooses organizations wisely. Good player but does nothing so well as to make you say "wow".

-The Insider-

Just looked at Fellhauer's stats and he really dropped off last year. He had a bad average and his OBP, SLG and OPS all went down. Unless they have guys they want to move up from Dayton, there is no reason to bring him up to Double-A yet. I'd rather have Day's bat than the former.
    Also, it'll be interesting to see if Carlson starts back in Bakersfield or not. Also with Jose Castro. They signed Welington Ramirez, he did bad (.237 avg, 6 HR) in High-A last year and could go back there, but could be moved up to Carolina.

-The Insider-

Here's a quote from someone I texted in Double-A; "We're going to be good."

Yasmani Grandal has officially been moved from the Carolina roster to the Bakersfield roster as of this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    Yasmani Grandal has officially been moved from the Carolina roster to the Bakersfield roster as of this morning.
    Not cool! What are the plans on how long he stays there until a move to AA?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bowles8 View Post
    Not cool! What are the plans on how long he stays there until a move to AA?
    I am sure that it will be dictated by his performance. Probably a month to three months depending on how he performs.

Smart in my opinion. I didn't see the need to start him there with Meso in AAA and Grandel's bat being questioned whether or not it was ready for AA.
    Go Reds!

-The Insider-

I'll try and find out a roster today. I may not be able to tell exactly but I can give kinda a general idea of what's going down.

Daryl Thompson still is listed as being in Carolina. Other than that and the Dallas Buck question mark, I think it is pretty much set. I would expect to see Smit's name come off when this is complete.

-The Insider-

I don't know how accurate that roster is. I could be pretty close, but it very well could be way off.

-The Insider-

Got a roster!

-The Insider-

We gonna be good.

Hope you're right, 21, but I have to say that I'm skeptical. The teams at A and AA all stunk last year, so it's hard to see how it could be that much better this year at Carolina. I suppose it's conceivable that the stockpile at Louisville is holding back some folks who would otherwise be there.

-The Insider-

Yea, it's a good mixture of guys from last year and new, but mostly the former. One only or two "surprises" for me that I saw. Rotation should be solid and bullpen (I think) can be good. Lineup will be very flexible.

Turn Off Ads?