Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 Redszone NFL Mock Draft thread ...

Official 2011 Redszone NFL Mock Draft thread ...

OK - Here is the official thread to make your draft picks in. Please feel free to have some fun with it and post pictures and mock interviews or whatever you come up with.

For those who are looking at this for the first time we have teams still available if you are interested in participating.

Pittsburgh, Chicago, Atlanta have no "owner". Seattle, San Diego, Kansas City, Oakland, Minnesota, and Houston are all currently being picked for by someone who has a 1st team already so can be picked by someone new as well.

1. Carolina (2-14) - bucksfan2

2. Denver (4-12) - TheBigLebowski

3. Buffalo (4-12) - Oxblood

4. Cincinnati (4-12) - Mario-Rijo

5. Arizona (5-11) - Cedric

6. Cleveland (5-11) - chicoruiz

7. San Francisco (6-10) - Kingspoint

8. Tennessee (6-10) - Topcat

9. Dallas (6-10) - NJReds

10. Washington (6-10) - Gallen5862

11. Houston (6-10) - HotCorner

12. Minnesota (6-10) - LoganBuck

13. Detroit (6-10) - HotCorner

14. St. Louis (7-9) - LoganBuck

15. Miami (7-9) - Sean_Casey Rules

16. Jacksonville (8-8) - JaxRed

17. New England (14-2) -- from Oakland - WVRed

18. San Diego (9-7) - Buckeye33

19. New York Giants (10-6) - Puffy

20. Tampa Bay (10-6) - Reds44

21. Kansas City (10-6) - WVRed

22. Indianapolis (10-6) - Redsfanmia

23. Philadelphia (10-6) - Redlegs212

24. New Orleans (11-5) - Buckeye33

25. Seattle (7-9) - chicoruiz

26. Baltimore (12-4) - mam24rice

27. Atlanta (13-3)

28. New England (14-2) - WVRed

29. Chicago (11-5)

30. New York Jets (11-5) - KoryMac5

31. Pittsburgh (12-4)

32. Green Bay (10-6) - Mutaman

Oakland - Slyder

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Official 2011 Redszone NFL Mock Draft thread ...

I have sent bucksfan2 a private message saying that we are ready to start the draft. It will begin once they make their pick.

Cam Newton

Jimmy Claussen isn't the answer here in Carolina. There needs to be some buzz around the team and the new coaching staff wanted a fresh start at QB. Who is better than the iconic Cam Newton? If he can do as much in one year for Carolina as he did in Auburn we will have a star on our hands. Unfortunately for the Newtons, due to the rookie wage scale Cam will have to take a pay cut from what Auburn was paying him.

The Big Lebowski has authorized me to make his pick via PM.

With the 2nd pick in the 2011 mock draft, the Denver Broncos select Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn.

With the return of Elvis Dumervil from injury, the Broncos will quickly have a formidable pass rush that will cause issues in the AFC West.

Buffalo selects Da'Quan Bowers DE - Clemson

I hope the real draft falls this way I am liking my options here. Will make my pick in a few minutes.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I know what I would do. But you'll have to "Show Me".

I'm here Buckeye. I'll make my pick for Cardinals.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

With the 4th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals Select: Marcell Dareus DT Alabama Crimson Tide

Dareus is one of this class' finest prospects. Possesses the athleticism and explosiveness to be consistently disruptive against the run and pass. Hands that don't stop, sheds blockers quickly, and uses the frequently uses the swim move to get to the quarterback. Also has great power to push the pocket and stand his ground adequately when run at. Blessed with great feet and outstanding lateral quickness. Comfortable playing in space and likely capable of dropping into coverage. Only question is his endurance and stamina. Played in a rotation early and dealt with injuries as a junior. Dareus will likely be and early first round selection.
    We as an organization felt compelled to take a highly talented laden, extremely motivated and high character player such as Marcell. We plan to get him into camp and have him compete for a starting job right away. It is our opinion that with Marcell in the fold plus the rest of our draft and free agency will put us right back where we want to be in the AFC North and beyond, at the top.

We will now take questions.........
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I know what I would do. But you'll have to "Show Me".
    Had to go a different route, but it wasn't easy to pass on a few of these guys. In fact I didn't even really want to select Dareus, I wanted to go sexier but to me the smart money is on this kid.

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post

With the 4th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals Select: Marcell Dareus DT Alabama Crimson Tide

We as an organization felt compelled to take a highly talented laden, extremely motivated and high character player such as Marcell. We plan to get him into camp and have him compete for a starting job right away. It is our opinion that with Marcell in the fold plus the rest of our draft and free agency will put us right back where we want to be in the AFC North and beyond, at the top.

We will now take questions.........
    So with the obvious holes at Wide Receiver, Cornerback, and Quarterback, why did you decide to address a position where there is arguably the most depth on the team, especially under contract through 2012?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I think Von Miller is the best defensive player in this class. I'm taking him for Arizona at #5.

I see some Derrick Thomas in Miller.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    So with the obvious holes at Wide Receiver, Cornerback, and Quarterback, why did you decide to address a position where there is arguably the most depth on the team, especially under contract through 2012?
    Let's see J-Jo, Hall, Jones, Ghee

or

Peko and Atkins.....not seeing it man. Plus these 2 are good DT's not difference makers, Dareus can be a game changer.

I have other plans for QB as I am not convinced the right guy is available for the taking here. And although I did like the idea of taking Green or Jones (who I like every bit as much) I couldn't see myself taking a WR with the 4th pick, impact WR's are obtainable in FA, impact D-Lineman are not. Also there isn't any sense in taking a WR now without a clear cut QB to throw to him.

In a nutshell I don't agree with your opinions about what we need and even if I did impact D-Lineman with good motors and character are hard to come by.

--Woody Hayes

With the sixth pick in Round 1, the Browns select:

WR Julio Jones, Alabama

Thought long and hard about Cameron Jordan here, but Jones is just too good to pass up. 6'4", 220, ran under 4.4 at the combine on a foot that needs surgery.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Let's see J-Jo, Hall, Jones, Ghee

or

Peko and Atkins.....not seeing it man. Plus these 2 are good DT's not difference makers, Dareus can be a game changer.

I have other plans for QB as I am not convinced the right guy is available for the taking here. And although I did like the idea of taking Green or Jones (who I like every bit as much) I couldn't see myself taking a WR with the 4th pick, impact WR's are obtainable in FA, impact D-Lineman are not. Also there isn't any sense in taking a WR now without a clear cut QB to throw to him.

In a nutshell I don't agree with your opinions about what we need and even if I did impact D-Lineman with good motors and character are hard to come by.
    Joseph is a free agent, and will demand huge dollars and is gone. Hall is a free agent next year. Adam Jones is Adam Jones and a free agent after 2011. Ghee is a project at best.

Chad is likely gone if not before this season, certainly next. Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell are free agents after 2011 and are question marks as well. Leaving Jordan Shipley as the lone quality receiver under contract for 2012.

Tank Johnson, Pat Sims, Domata Peko, and Geno Atkins are under contract through the 2012 season.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?