Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 Redszone NFL Mock Draft thread ...

Re: Official 2011 Redszone NFL Mock Draft thread ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    Ok, so if you were picking for the Bengal what players that were available with the Bengals picks would you have taken?
    I am fine with the Moore pick. Addresses a gaping hole, that has been a problem since Madieu left.

I would have gone with Gabbert in the first here. Defensive Line is the riskiest position to draft in the first round. Everybody always thinks it is a safe pick, but short careers, and age robs the explosiveness. For every next Warren Sapp, you have the next Tommie Harris, DeWayne Robertson, Dan Wilkenson, Ryan Sims, and Amobi Okoye. The same superlatives that Dareus has thrown at him. People moan and groan about picking QBs but the payoff, is much greater for a longer period of time. If you can get the difference maker. Scouting and offensive scheme make all the difference. Gabbert has the tools, the smarts, and supposedly the intangibles.

Right now, I would take one of the North Carolina players. DT Marvin Austin or WR Greg Little. Both were difference makers. Both are high upside guys, the character concerns are the same with them as with AJ Green. And nobody seems to care there.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I dont see any of this years QB class being top 5 worthy including Blaine Gabbert. I feel you would be reaching for what you perceive as a need and it is but I wouldn't use a top 5 pick on a guy who's talents don't match that high ranking just because he is a QB. Marcell Dareus is the much better pick at 4. If you wanted Blaine Gabbert you would be much better off trading back to the middle of the first but our mock doesn't allow for that. I don't see Gabbert's skill set being that much better then a QB you could get in the later rounds like Christian Ponder so I would take the consensus top 5 pick in Dareus
    Last edited by Lockdwn11; 03-27-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I am fine with the Moore pick. Addresses a gaping hole, that has been a problem since Madieu left.

I would have gone with Gabbert in the first here. Defensive Line is the riskiest position to draft in the first round. Everybody always thinks it is a safe pick, but short careers, and age robs the explosiveness. For every next Warren Sapp, you have the next Tommie Harris, DeWayne Robertson, Dan Wilkenson, Ryan Sims, and Amobi Okoye. The same superlatives that Dareus has thrown at him. People moan and groan about picking QBs but the payoff, is much greater for a longer period of time. If you can get the difference maker. Scouting and offensive scheme make all the difference. Gabbert has the tools, the smarts, and supposedly the intangibles.

Right now, I would take one of the North Carolina players. DT Marvin Austin or WR Greg Little. Both were difference makers. Both are high upside guys, the character concerns are the same with them as with AJ Green. And nobody seems to care there.
    I certainly understand where you are coming from, I admit there is risk to my selections there just always is with any pick. David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Klingler. That said I think we have slightly differing opinions on Gabbert. He has the tools, the smarts and seemingly most of the intangibles. From everything I have read he can get skittish back there and to me that is a serious red flag if true. Had this been the real draft I was in charge of I would have done everything to clarify that point and if not probably would have taken him albeit a bit reluctantly because I really like Dareus. In this case it's just a mock and I am not likely to get enough clarification on Gabbert to make myself feel comfortable. Besides drafting Dareus goes hand in hand with my adopted philosophical approach, build up the lines preferably from inside out and the team will follow with success. In my dream scenario I trade Palmer for Seattles #1 pick and get Mike Pouncey in addition to Dareus (I also wanted Pounceys brother last year over anyone else and he showed why I felt that way). So really I am showing everyone what I think we should be doing as opposed to taking the path most traveled.

Scouts Inc.
    Only knock here is he gets a bit anxious and unsettled when opposing pass rush is starting to get to him.
    Merrill Hoge breaks Gabbert down (with Video)
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6246408
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I certainly understand where you are coming from, I admit there is risk to my selections there just always is with any pick. David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Klingler. That said I think we have slightly differing opinions on Gabbert. He has the tools, the smarts and seemingly most of the intangibles. From everything I have read he can get skittish back there and to me that is a serious red flag if true. Had this been the real draft I was in charge of I would have done everything to clarify that point and if not probably would have taken him albeit a bit reluctantly because I really like Dareus. In this case it's just a mock and I am not likely to get enough clarification on Gabbert to make myself feel comfortable. Besides drafting Dareus goes hand in hand with my adopted philosophical approach, build up the lines preferably from inside out and the team will follow with success. In my dream scenario I trade Palmer for Seattles #1 pick and get Mike Pouncey in addition to Dareus (I also wanted Pounceys brother last year over anyone else and he showed why I felt that way). So really I am showing everyone what I think we should be doing as opposed to taking the path most traveled.

Scouts Inc.

Merrill Hoge breaks Gabbert down (with Video)
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6246408
    That is fine, I guess I got the most frustrated when I saw the Andy Dalton selection come up. That guy just does nothing for me, and if the Bengals were taking him as the long term selection, I would be flabbergasted. I just don't see it with him. I would be happier with Kolb, Gabbert, or even Cam Newton, who I am leery of. Really this year I only like three Qb's Gabbert, Ponder, and Kaepernick. I am lukewarm on Newton, given his seemingly high draft position. The rest, I just don't see as NFL QBs.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    I dont see any of this years QB class being top 5 worthy including Blaine Gabbert. I feel you would be reaching for what you perceive as a need and it is but I wouldn't use a top 5 pick on a guy who's talents don't match that high ranking just because he is a QB. Marcell Dareus is the much better pick at 4. If you wanted Blaine Gabbert you would be much better off trading back to the middle of the first but our mock doesn't allow for that. I don't see Gabbert's skill set being that much better then a QB you could get in the later rounds like Christian Ponder so I would take the consensus top 5 pick in Dareus
    Blaine Gabbert is a consensus top 5 pick. At this point that is not in debate.

That is fine, I guess I got the most frustrated when I saw the Andy Dalton selection come up. That guy just does nothing for me, and if the Bengals were taking him as the long term selection, I would be flabbergasted. I just don't see it with him. I would be happier with Kolb, Gabbert, or even Cam Newton, who I am leery of. Really this year I only like three Qb's Gabbert, Ponder, and Kaepernick. I am lukewarm on Newton, given his seemingly high draft position. The rest, I just don't see as NFL QBs.
    Yeah I am not foreseeing Dalton being the starter. I think he has a chance but I am not counting on it but I do think he could be a solid backup/marginal spot starter in the right system and I think this is that system. Some might wonder why I took a backup in the 3rd and I'd say that it's 2 fold, #1 like I said I think he has a chance to be a decent starter and #2 not at all comfortable with the QB's on the roster currently especially without a starter.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I don't think I have seen him ranked as a top 5 pro prospects on any site. I do believe he will be drafted in the top 10.
    Last edited by Lockdwn11; 03-27-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Well to be fair I just showed you a clip of Merrill Hoge suggesting he would take him towards the end of the 1st and not before. I don't think your completely out of line suggesting it (because most would agree) but it's certainly not consensus in the truest sense of the word.

--Woody Hayes

Oxblood thought we were only doing 2 rounds so he has not paid attention so someone please make a pick for him.

Thanks

The Buffalo Bills select Marvin Austin (DT-UNC)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I keep checking in but is it safe to assume this draft is dead now ?
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I keep checking in but is it safe to assume this draft is dead now ?
    Not necessarily... I'm ready to make Cleveland's pick as soon as Cedric (or somebody) makes Arizona's.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    Not necessarily... I'm ready to make Cleveland's pick as soon as Cedric (or somebody) makes Arizona's.
    Sent Cedric a PM yesterday evening. He hasn't been on since the 27th at 11 pm, so he is probably due.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 03-29-2011 at 09:16 AM.

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    I have a couple of possibilities lined up for Dallas as well.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

1st Round

1. Carolina (2-14) - bucksfan2 - - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    2. Denver (4-12) - TheBigLebowski - - Nick Fairly, DT, Auburn
    3. Buffalo (4-12) - Oxblood - - D'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    4. Cincinnati (4-12) - Mario-Rijo - - Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
    5. Arizona (5-11) - Cedric - - Von Miller, LB, Texas AM
    6. Cleveland (5-11) - chicoruiz - - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
    7. San Francisco (6-10) - Kingspoint - - Patrick Peterson, cornerback, LSU
    8. Tennessee (6-10) - Topcat - - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
    9. Dallas (6-10) - NJReds - - JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
    10. Washington (6-10) - Gallen5862 - - Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
    11. Houston (6-10) - HotCorner - - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
    12. Minnesota (6-10) - LoganBuck - - A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
    13. Detroit (6-10) - HotCorner - - Tyron Smith, OT, Southern Cal
    14. St. Louis (7-9) - LoganBuck - - Corey Liuget, DE, Illinois
    15. Miami (7-9) - Sean_Casey Rules - - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
    16. Jacksonville (8-8) - JaxRed - - Cameron Jordan, DL, Cal
    17. New England (14-2) - from Oakland - WVRed - - Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple
    18. San Diego (9-7) - Buckeye33 - - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
    19. New York Giants (10-6) - Puffy - - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
    20. Tampa Bay (10-6) - Reds44 -- Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
    21. Kansas City (10-6) - WVRed--Phil Taylor DT-Baylor
    22. Indianapolis (10-6) - Redsfanmia--Gabe Carimi,OT,Wisconsin
    23. Philadelphia (10-6) - Redlegs212--Jimmy Smith,CB-Colorado.
    24. New Orleans (11-5) - Buckeye33--Cameron Heyward, DT, Ohio State
    25. Seattle (7-9) - chicoruiz-- Jake Locker,QB-Washington
    26. Baltimore (12-4) - JaxRed -- Aaron Williams, CB Texas
    27. Atlanta (13-3) - Mario-Rijo -- Adrian Clayborn, DE Iowa
    28. New England (14-2) - WVRed -- Mike Pouncey, OG/OC Florida
    29. Chicago (11-5) - Todd Gack -- Nate Solder, OT Colorado
    30. New York Jets (11-5) - KoryMac5 -- Justin Houston, OLB Georgia
    31. Pittsburgh (12-4) - Lockdwn11 -- Brandon Harris, CB Miami Fl.
    32. Green Bay (10-6) - Mutaman -- Allen Bailey DE, Miami Fl.

2nd Round

Quote:
    1. New England - WVRed -- Mikel LeShoure, RB Illinois
    2. Buffalo (4-12) - Oxblood -- Ryan Mallet, QB Arkansas
    3. Cincinnati (4-12) - Mario-Rijo -- Rahim Moore, S UCLA
    4. Denver (4-12)- TheBigLebowski -- Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami (FL).
    5. Cleveland (5-11)- chicoruiz -- Jabal Sheard DE, Pitt
    6. Arizona (5-11)- Cedric -- Stefen Wisniewski, C/G, Penn State
    7. Tennessee (6-10)- Topcat -- Stephen Paea DT Oregon State
    8. Dallas (6-10)- NJReds -- Derek Sherrod, OT, Miss. St.
    9. Washington (6-10)- Gallen5862 -- AKEEM AYERS, OLB, UCLA.
    10. Houston (6-10)- HotCorner --Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
    11. Minnesota (6-10)- LoganBuck -- Christian Ponder,QB, Florida State University
    12. Detroit (6-10) - HotCorner -- Bruce Davis LB, North Carolina
    13. San Francisco (6-10) - Kingspoint -- Colin Kaepernick QB, Nevada
    14. Denver - (7-9) - TheBigLebowski -- Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
    15. St. Louis (7-9) - LoganBuck -- Jonathan Baldwin WR, Pitt
    16. Oakland (8-8) - Slyder -- Marcus Cannon OL, TCU
    17. Jacksonville (8-8) - JaxRed -- Brooks Reed OLB, Arizona
    18. San Diego (9-7) - Buckeye33 -- Martez Wilson LB, Illinois
    19. Tampa Bay (10-6) - Reds44 -- Danny Watkins OG, Baylor
    20. New York Giants (10-6) Puffy -- Ryan Williams RB, Va. Tech
    21. Indianapolis* (10-6) - Redsfanmia -- Deunta Williams S, N.C.
    22. Philadelphia* (10-6) - Redlegs212 -- Sam Acho OLB, Texas
    23. Kansas City* (10-6) - WVRed -- Rodney Hudson C/G, Florida St.
    24. New Orleans* (11-5) - Buckeye33 -- Quinton Carter S, Oklahoma
    25. Seattle* (7-9) - chicoruiz -- Ben Ijalana OT/OG, Villanova
    26. Baltimore* (12-4) - JaxRed -- Titus Young WR, Boise State
    27. Atlanta* (13-3) - Mario-Rijo -- Tandon Doss WR, Indiana
    28. New England* (14-2) - WVRed -- Randall Cobb WR, UK
    29. San Diego - Buckeye33 -- Jerrell Jernigan WR, Troy
    30. Chicago* (11-5) - Todd Gack -- Drake Nevis DT, LSU
    31. Pittsburgh* (12-4) - Lockdwn11 -- Orlando Franklin OG, Miami FL.
    32. Green Bay* (10-6) - Mutaman -- Terrence Tolliver WR, LSU

3rd Round

1. Carolina (2-14) - Bucksfan2 -- Greg Jones LB, Michigan State
    2. Cincinnati (4-12) - Mario-Rijo -- Andy Dalton QB, TCU
    3. Denver (4-12) - TheBigLebowski -- Ahmad Black, S, Florida
    4. Buffalo (4-12) - Oxblood -- Marvin Austin, DT, UNC
    5. Arizona (5-11) - Cedric --
    6. Cleveland (5-11) - chicoruiz --
    7. Dallas (6-10) - NJReds --
    8. New Orleans - Buckeye33 --
    9. Houston (6-10) - HotCorner --
    10. New England - WVRed --
    11. Detroit (6-10) - HotCorner --
    12. San Francisco (6-10) - Kingspoint --
    13. Tennessee (6-10) - Topcat --
    14. St. Louis (7-9) - LoganBuck --
    15. Miami (7-9) - Sean_Casey Rules --
    16. Jacksonville (8-8) - JaxRed --
    17. Oakland (8-8) - Slyder --
    18. San Diego (9-7) - Buckeye33 --
    19. New York Giants (10-6) - Puffy --
    20. Tampa Bay (10-6) - Reds44 --
    21. Philadelphia* (10-6) - Redlegs212 --
    22. Kansas City* (10-6) - WVRed --
    23. Indianapolis* (10-6) - Redsfanmia --
    24. New Orleans* (11-5) - Buckeye33 --
    25. San Diego ( N/A) - Buckeye33 --
    26. Baltimore* (12-4) - JaxRed --
    27. Atlanta* (13-3) - Mario-Rijo --
    28. New England* (14-2) - WVRed --
    29. Chicago* (11-5) - Todd Gack --
    30. New York Jets* (11-5) - KoryMac5
    31. Pittsburgh* (12-4) - Lockdwn11 --
    32. Green Bay* (10-6) - Mutaman --
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?