Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 Redszone NFL Mock Draft thread ...

Re: Official 2011 Redszone NFL Mock Draft thread ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    With the 27th pick in the 3rd round of the 2011 NFL Draft the Atlanta Falcons select:

Clint Boling OG UGA
    Sorry had to fix that, it was bugging me.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm much more in favor of a new 1st round. Especially with a proviso that you have to select a different player than before to shake things up.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I'm much more in favor of a new 1st round. Especially with a proviso that you have to select a different player than before to shake things up.
    Screw that I want rd 4 ! I am kicking serious (_!_) as a Titans GM

Ps notice my supp pick in 2006 Redzone draft who was actually taken in rd 11 Walden rocks!
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Jets would love to make a pick but we are waiting on Da Bears. I can also do RD 4 for the Jets as well.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Todd Gack hasn't been on in awhile so...

With the 29th pick of the 3rd round in the 2011 NFL draft the Chicago Bears select:

Greg Little WR N.C.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Just not sure that forcing someone to select a different player is gonna make for a realistic scenario. Actually as long as it's been and with some like Bowers dropping significantly that alone could change the complexion of the 1st round. I say if we do it let's just do it like normal and see how time has changed things. Besides I doubt we get enough of those who already drafted the 1st time and different people picking should help mix it up.

--Woody Hayes

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Tampa Bay it is. Gonna have to research a bit for round 4.

And instead of making everyone have to pick differently in the next mock, why not just let time and tide take its inevitable toll? Draft boards have changed ridiculously since we first drafted. Another idea would be to make everyone change teams. It just seems pointless to make someone have to pick a different player.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I am against doing the first round again. If we had free agency and team's needs changed that would be one thing. But we have no new information available except players having bad pro days or injury concerns popping up. None of it changes most teams needs.

Let's just do a fourth round.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    I am against doing the first round again. If we had free agency and team's needs changed that would be one thing. But we have no new information available except players having bad pro days or injury concerns popping up. None of it changes most teams needs.

Let's just do a fourth round.
    I'm happy to do both. As far as this thread goes we can keep it going but we need people to get in here and let us know if they are continuing, not gonna pm 20+ people. So far there are about half a dozen or so people committed to a 4th round. Would like to see that number get at least to around 10 or more.

As far as the 1st round we can just start a new thread, call it the unofficial RZ mock draft 1st round update or something. And perhaps wait a few more days as the injunction info should be in no later than early next week. If the injunction happens things could change in a hurry. Although I'm happy to do it anyway anyone wants to. A 1st round with less people drafting shouldn't take nearly as long as before and we did that pretty quick.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 04-07-2011 at 11:04 AM.

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I'm happy to do both. As far as this thread goes we can keep it going but we need people to get in here and let us know if they are continuing, not gonna pm 20+ people. So far there are about half a dozen or so people committed to a 4th round. Would like to see that number get at least to around 10 or more.

As far as the 1st round we can just start a new thread, call it the unofficial RZ mock draft 1st round update or something. And perhaps wait a few more days as the injunction info should be in no later than early next week. If the injunction happens things could change in a hurry. Although I'm happy to do it anyway anyone wants to. A 1st round with less people drafting shouldn't take nearly as long as before and we did that pretty quick.
    +1. I will commit to a fourth round. I think the danger of doing one of these into the fourth round is that we now enter the realm of combine results, small school scouting, and drafting players we likely haven't paid that much attention to.

I would take your offer, on the next draft, but at this point I want to see what people do given the different rankings, and workout results. We now are under the assumption that things are different. Cam Newton is supposed to have growing concerns about his intangibles, Nick Fairley doesn't have intangibles, Dareus has flown up the rankings, Bowers has slipped because of injury concerns. Gabbert put up a good workout and turned in a 42 on the Wonderlic. And so on and so forth.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

The NY Jets finally make there 2nd selection of the 2011 NFL Draft. Putting our best foot forward with our non existant pass rush. The Jets select Christian Ballard DE Iowa. Ballard developed immensely his final year at Iowa and should give The Jets some needed help in their 3/4 defensive alignment. Coach Ryan and the staff are very pleased to select a player many thought would go in the early second round.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    +1. I will commit to a fourth round. I think the danger of doing one of these into the fourth round is that we now enter the realm of combine results, small school scouting, and drafting players we likely haven't paid that much attention to.

I would take your offer, on the next draft, but at this point I want to see what people do given the different rankings, and workout results. We now are under the assumption that things are different. Cam Newton is supposed to have growing concerns about his intangibles, Nick Fairley doesn't have intangibles, Dareus has flown up the rankings, Bowers has slipped because of injury concerns. Gabbert put up a good workout and turned in a 42 on the Wonderlic. And so on and so forth.
    Fair enough. BTW Lockdwn11 will probably make his pick in a few hours he is at work right now and usually gets off around 4 ET, typically checks in soon thereafter, if he doesn't pick by 5 or so I'll shoot him a text.

--Woody Hayes

So far this is what I have, anyone else want to continue on?

Round 4

1. Carolina - bucksfan2
    2. Seattle - chicoruiz
    3. Buffalo -
    4. Cincinnati - Mario-Rijo
    5. Cleveland - chicoruiz
    6. Arizona -
    7. Philadelphia -
    8. Houston -
    9. Minnesota -
    10. Detroit -
    11. San Francisco -
    12. Tennessee - Topcat
    13. Dallas -
    14. Miami -
    15. St. Louis - Loganbuck
    16. Oakland -
    17. Jacksonville -
    18. San Francisco -
    19. Tampa Bay - TheBigLebowski --
    20. New York Giants - Puffy --
    21. Kansas City -
    22. Indianapolis -
    23. Philadelphia -
    24. Jacksonville -
    25. Buffalo -
    26. Baltimore -
    27. Atlanta - Mario-Rijo --
    28. New England -
    29. New York Jets -
    30. Chicago -
    31. Pittsburgh - Lockdwn11 --
    32. Green Bay - Mutaman --
    33. Tennessee (compensatory) -- Topcat --
    34. Green Bay (compensatory) - Mutaman --

--Woody Hayes

The Steelers pick CB Johnny Patrick

Read & React: Heady corner with very good backfield and receiver awareness. Senses the block coming and attacks the play using his quickness. Will get overaggressive on ball fakes but generally recovers well.

Man Coverage: Lined up well off the line of scrimmage regularly to eliminate big plays, but can step up into press or press-bail coverage or even cover slot receivers. Only adequate hips to turn and run with receivers, but owns the thick upper body to battle down the sideline. Average backpedal; good foot quickness but needs to get a bit lower to transition more fluidly; occasionally takes an extra step to get moving forward.

Zone Coverage: Should excel in zone at the next level because of his closing speed and physicality. Knows his responsibilities, comes off initial receiver and stays alert for underneath routes. Reads the quarterback and receiver routes to find targets when his zone is clear.

Closing/Recovery: Good speed to close on receivers in front of him or downfield in coverage. Able to get back into the play if beaten early, also closes well if turned around by double-moves. Inconsistent finding the ball in the air. Fast off the edge as a blitzer but only truly effective when free, gets stone walled too easily by tackles and fails to beat running back blocks.

Run Support: Strong enough to push around smaller blocking receivers and able to shed with violent hands. Typically keeps outside position to funnel plays to the linebackers. Quick enough to get inside-out to take away the sideline.

Tackling: Has good strength for the position, capable of bringing down big backs in space and throwing receivers to the ground. Brings enough force when lining up a receiver to create turnovers. Chases down ballcarriers from behind, even taking deep angles across the field. Not a regular cut-tackler, but he rarely fails to bring down a ballcarrier when he does. Tries to make the big hit too often, lowering his shoulder and head instead of facing the target and bringing his hips. Misses tackles when closing at incorrect angle or leaving his feet.

Intangibles: Arrested for aggravated assault in June 2010; girlfriend reportedly suffered scrapes to knee and elbow after hitting a table as she fell to the ground as they wrestled over his cell phone. Eventually the charges were dropped. Suffered shoulder injury against Cincinnati in 2010, but did not miss a game.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1274084
    Last edited by Lockdwn11; 04-07-2011 at 05:20 PM.

I'm going with bloodlines and breeding: With their pick in the Third round, the Packers take Casey Matthews, linebacker from Oregon.

Turn Off Ads?