Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 03-13-2011 at 02:15 PM.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I've been away from the computer for a few days. Give me a few mins.
Did anyone watch the NFC Championship game? IT doesn't take a genius to figure out what these guys need.
OT - Nate Solder - Colorado
With the 30th pick in the 2011 RedsZone Mock Draft, The NY J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets select Justin Houston OLB from Georgia. We feel that as a team the defense was lacking that special pass rusher that can help our team get a solid foothold on being a perenial Super Bowl Team. Justin will definitely fit in as a foot soldier on the defensive line of our team. He is a very fluid OLB who has excellent foot work. We are hoping to get him in to camp early so that he can get a leg up on our defensive scheme and put his best foot forward.
Scouting report on Houston: OLB Justin Houston, Georgia, 6-3, 270 -- You want production? He notched 10 sacks and 18.5 TFL in the killer SEC. You want speed? He impressed at the combine, running 4.62 at 270 pounds. You want scheme compatibility? Georgia switched to a 3-4 scheme last season, allowing Houston to play as a stand-up rusher -- the role he'd play with the Jets. He has tremendous burst, seemingly ideal for the Jets.
If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.
I don't think anybody has Pittsburgh so I'll go ahead and make the pick if its ok.
With the Steelers always making a move ahead of time, the Steelers select Martez Wilson (ILB-Illinois)
With James Farrior not getting any younger, the Steelers need a solid ILB of the future and possibly a star if James Harrison ever leaves.
Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 03-13-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
1. Carolina (2-14) - bucksfan2 - - Cam Newton, QB,Da'Quan Bow Auburn
2. Denver (4-12) - TheBigLebowski - - Nick Fairly, DT, Auburn
3. Buffalo (4-12) - Oxblood - - D'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
4. Cincinnati (4-12) - Mario-Rijo - - Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
5. Arizona (5-11) - Cedric - - Von Miller, LB, Texas AM
6. Cleveland (5-11) - chicoruiz - - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
7. San Francisco (6-10) - Kingspoint - - Patrick Peterson, cornerback, LSU
8. Tennessee (6-10) - Topcat - - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
9. Dallas (6-10) - NJReds - - JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
10. Washington (6-10) - Gallen5862 - - Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
11. Houston (6-10) - HotCorner - - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
12. Minnesota (6-10) - LoganBuck - - A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
13. Detroit (6-10) - HotCorner - - Tyron Smith, OT, Southern Cal
14. St. Louis (7-9) - LoganBuck - - Corey Liuget, DE, Illinois
15. Miami (7-9) - Sean_Casey Rules - - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
16. Jacksonville (8-8) - JaxRed - - Cameron Jordan, DL, Cal
17. New England (14-2) - from Oakland - WVRed - - Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple
18. San Diego (9-7) - Buckeye33 - - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
19. New York Giants (10-6) - Puffy - - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
20. Tampa Bay (10-6) - Reds44 -- Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
21. Kansas City (10-6) - WVRed--Phil Taylor DT-Baylor
22. Indianapolis (10-6) - Redsfanmia--Gabe Carimi,OT,Wisconsin
23. Philadelphia (10-6) - Redlegs212--Jimmy Smith,CB-Colorado.
24. New Orleans (11-5) - Buckeye33--Cameron Heyward, DT, Ohio State
25. Seattle (7-9) - chicoruiz-- Jake Locker,QB-Washington
26. Baltimore (12-4) - JaxRed -- Aaron Williams, CB Texas
27. Atlanta (13-3) - Mario-Rijo -- Adrian Clayborn, DE Iowa
28. New England (14-2) - WVRed -- Mike Pouncey, OG/OC Florida
29. Chicago (11-5) - Todd Gack -- Nate Solder, OT Colorado
30. New York Jets (11-5) - KoryMac5 -- Justin Houston, OLB Georgia
31. Pittsburgh (12-4) - Lockdwn11 -- Brandon Harris, CB Miami Fl.
32. Green Bay (10-6) - Mutaman --
Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 03-13-2011 at 10:10 PM.
With the 31 pick in the 2011 Draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select CB Brandon Harris
The Steelers already have thier ILB of the future in Stevenson Sylvester and also have James Harrison replacement in the form of Jason Worilds. They could have looked for help on the OL but were thrilled with Brandon Harris still on the board.
Last edited by Lockdwn11; 03-13-2011 at 10:24 PM.
The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.
After Mutaman makes his selection this is the 2nd round order I believe, I got it from Walter Football so if anyone has time to confirm go for it. I'll probably get my pick in tomorrow if all the dominos fall right tonight.
# Round 2
1. New England - from Carolina (2-14)
2. Buffalo (4-12)
3. Cincinnati (4-12)
4. Denver (4-12)
5. Cleveland (5-11)
6. Arizona (5-11)
7. Tennessee (6-10)
8. Dallas (6-10)
9. Washington (6-10)
10. Houston (6-10)
11. Minnesota (6-10)
12. Detroit (6-10)
13. San Francisco (6-10)
14. Denver - from Miami (7-9)
15. St. Louis (7-9)
16. Oakland (8-8)
17. Jacksonville (8-8)
18. San Diego (9-7)
19. Tampa Bay (10-6)
20. New York Giants (10-6)
21. Indianapolis* (10-6)
22. Philadelphia* (10-6)
23. Kansas City* (10-6)
24. New Orleans* (11-5)
25. Seattle* (7-9)
26. Baltimore* (12-4)
27. Atlanta* (13-3)
28. New England* (14-2)
29. San Diego - from New York Jets* (11-5)
30. Chicago* (11-5)
31. Pittsburgh* (12-4)
32. Green Bay* (10-6)
# Carolina -> New England: Armanti Edwards
# Miami -> Denver: Brandon Marshall
# New York Jets -> San Diego: Antonio Cromartie
Last but not least: Back to back for Miami U: The World Champion 4 time Lombardi trophy winning Packers pick Defensive End Allen Bailey from Miami. There's lots of running backs left but with Ryan Grant returning and James Starks emerging, that position is covered. It looks like they won't re sign Cullen Jenkins and who knows how long Johnny Jolly will twist in the wind, so lets get some backup in the defensive line.
Plus when Thompson signed Sam Shields last year, he said kids from Miami U always seem to adjust well to the NFL.
Last edited by Mutaman; 03-14-2011 at 01:48 AM.
The New England Patriots, with the first pick in the second round, turn to running back and select Mikel LeShoure (RB-Illinois)
LeShoure has drawn comparisons to Rashard Mendenhall since both played for the Illini and are similar backs. If the Pats can get half that production it will definitely be worth it.
1a. Muhammad Wilkerson (DE-Temple)
1b. Mike Pouncey (G-Florida)
2a. Mikel LeShoure (RB-Illinois)