Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy Grail (First Restaurant/Bar at The Banks) set to open 3/17

Re: Holy Grail (First Restaurant/Bar at The Banks) set to open 3/17

"I get the distinct impression that whatever would have signed on - anything at all - it would have had its detractors."

You are absolutely correct here. I love Cincy, but it may be one of the more negative areas I've been to. There are always going to be detractors on any project in any city I know, but I'm pretty happy with the early lineup. It's a good start, and something on which to build. As you say RFF, as this grows they'll cap Ft Washington Way and built atop it and it will be quite a nice little area.

Sure some of these are technically 'chains' but they aren't Applebees or Chilis or something.

I look forward to the season and going to some of these new places.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

So did this place open or what?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Yes, it did. It looked pretty packed from the photo's online.

We went down there to grab a drink on the first day and watch the end of Richmond/Vanderbilt. It was jammed pack, and there was a line at one point. It looks to be a perfectly good sports bar, and the fact that it is right across from the GAB is perfect. It will be a great place to hang out before/after games (although I suspect it will be very crowded on game days). (Look at how crowded the Machine Room gets, and only people with tickets can go in there.)

I also heard from a friend that there are tables with your own beer taps, and that these are awesome. I did not see them.

I was there on Friday at about 1pm and it was packed. Took an hour to get a seat, of course it was March Madness and all. They had lots of HD TVs and the food was a notch better than typical bar fare. Not a lot of room now but I suspect that they'll eventually get some outdoor seating. I can see that being the place the 11pm news hangs out when the Reds are clinching a pennant. The walls are painted (Cincinnati) red. I must say the thought that the city has missed out on ten yrs or whatever of this business due to the sluggish pace of this project did cross my mind but I'm glad it's finally here. As I was waiting for an hour, I wished that there were more choices of places to go which leads to the thought that the area can support a lot more spots like this. I could tell from the nametags that they were getting a lot of downtown workers there including employees of the Reds

I look forward to checking this place out when I'm in town for the Cardinals series in May.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Great feedback guys.I'm really looking forward to going to some Reds games more this year then ever before.First and foremost they will actually be good and secondly there will be a few good places to go afterword to celebrate a Reds victory!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm going to try and make it down there this weekend.

Eager to see what it looks like on a regular Saturday night.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

The Holy Grail was absolutely slammed from early morning, during the game and well after the game more than I have ever seen any bar slammed before. Very, very impressive!

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...arm-Holy-Grail

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    The Holy Grail was absolutely slammed from early morning, during the game and well after the game more than I have ever seen any bar slammed before. Very, very impressive!

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...arm-Holy-Grail
    I was at the Holy Grail watching the game, and I was having a great time for 90% of the game --

Unfortunately, someone running the bar decided it was a good idea to have some annoying DJ come in at 5:00 and start playing loud club music while the game was still going on. Really? Do you think anyone in that bar, during the 8th and 9th innings of a DAY game, wanted to hear Miley Cyrus and the Black Eyed Peas blaring with some annoying moron in a loud shirt with an oversized headset scratching records?

It's opening day. It's the 9th inning. Turn up the sound on the game. Send anyone looking for booty music up to Longworths or down the street to Bartini.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I was at the Holy Grail watching the game, and I was having a great time for 90% of the game --

Unfortunately, someone running the bar decided it was a good idea to have some annoying DJ come in at 5:00 and start playing loud club music while the game was still going on. Really? Do you think anyone in that bar, during the 8th and 9th innings of a DAY game, wanted to hear Miley Cyrus and the Black Eyed Peas blaring with some annoying moron in a loud shirt with an oversized headset scratching records?

It's opening day. It's the 9th inning. Turn up the sound on the game. Send anyone looking for booty music up to Longworths or down the street to Bartini.
    I agree 100%. If you want to be a SPORTS BAR, sports should come first. Especially local teams. Especially local teams in big games. There are quite enough bars that turn to obnoxious thump thump thump music already. Can't we have a sports bar besides generic Buffalo Wild Wings that sticks to sports?

Thankfully I had left by then and wound up at Bagpipes (Seventh and Race) for most of the rest of the game.

That is unconscionable.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Have you sent them an email/comment?

http://www.holygrailcincy.com/html/contact/contact.php
    Last edited by RBA; 04-01-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: wrong location

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Have you sent them an email/comment?

http://www.holygrailcincy.com/html/contact/contact.php
    I actually did. I've never been compelled to write a comment out online about a place I've been, but it was just so incredibly frustrating to be someplace for the purpose of watching a sold-out game and have the best moments of the game drowned out by awful Top-40 FM garbage being blasted at high volume.

I actually did. I've never been compelled to write a comment out online about a place I've been, but it was just so incredibly frustrating to be someplace for the purpose of watching a sold-out game and have the best moments of the game drowned out by awful Top-40 FM garbage being blasted at high volume.
    Good for you. If you get a response please share it with us

Turn Off Ads?