Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The footwear thread

The footwear thread

So I really like shoes, and specifically sneakers and boots. I'm not a crazy collector or anything, but I get pretty excited about certain brands. So I thought I'd post shots of what I'm wearing and loving now with the hope that others will as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sizeImageMissing-634988703206746888-150.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	8334 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	converse-navy-blue-low-1.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	8335 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shoes_iAEC1043803.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	8336

Stan Smiths, Chuck Taylor lowtops in navy, Clarks Desert Boots
    Last edited by RedEye; 12-22-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: The footwear thread

On my foot right now

Attachment 8337

They need replaced though. I want something that fits similar. I need something like these to wear around the house that are easy to slip on and off. My dog, a pug, sheds and has thick hair. At least once a month, despite wearing shoes unless I'm sleeping or getting in/out of the the shower, I wind up digging a hair of his out from under the skin in my foot. Shoes in my home are a must.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    On my foot right now

Attachment 8337

They need replaced though. I want something that fits similar. I need something like these to wear around the house that are easy to slip on and off. My dog, a pug, sheds and has thick hair. At least once a month, despite wearing shoes unless I'm sleeping or getting in/out of the the shower, I wind up digging a hair of his out from under the skin in my foot. Shoes in my home are a must.
    Holy cow... I've never even seen those. Love them but not sure I could pull 'em off (I've already got a Reds cover for my iPhone, which is a lot of sports stuff for a college professor). Ever consider picking up some Adidas Rod Lavers? Might be a similar fit, and they are stylish.

Name:	Shoes_iA06815.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	8338
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

5. Likes:

BoxingRed (12-23-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Holy cow... I've never even seen those. Love them but not sure I could pull 'em off. Ever consider picking up some Adidas Rod Lavers? Might be a similar fit, and they are stylish.

Name:	Shoes_iA06815.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	8338
    They are probably six years old at this point. Picked them up on Amazon for $20. There are still two pair available.... for $60. Not sure I want to pay that for shoes I mostly only wear around my house or to run to the store real quick in.

I've been casually looking for some low top Adidas shoes lately to replace these things.

They are probably six years old at this point. Picked them up on Amazon for $20. There are still two pair available.... for $60. Not sure I want to pay that for shoes I mostly only wear around my house or to run to the store real quick in.

I've been casually looking for some low top Adidas shoes lately to replace these things.
    Yeah, probably time for a new pair. LOL.

Yeah, probably time for a new pair. LOL.
    Oh, I didn't start wearing them until about two years ago. And I really do only wear them around the house, unless I'm just running to the store real fast or something. They aren't the best for walking around for long periods of time, so I don't wear them out too often. They are essentially house shoes for me.

Clarks Desert Boots
    Those are pretty sharp. I'm a huge shoe (mostly boot) maven myself.

I don't wear sneakers in the winter and I have to wear some hideous metatarsal-guard boots at work. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04435redwing_thumb_png.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	8339

I almost always wear some ropers when I need "dress shoes." Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J3133_400.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	8340

These are probably what I wear most. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ARIAT-BOOTS-A10010944_306x400.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	8341

But you're not doing it right unless you have a pair of nubucks. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	984705-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	8342
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

10. Likes:

RedEye (12-22-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Those are pretty sharp. I'm a huge shoe (mostly boot) maven myself.

I don't wear sneakers in the winter and I have to wear some hideous metatarsal-guard boots at work. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04435redwing_thumb_png.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	8339

I almost always wear some ropers when I need "dress shoes." Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J3133_400.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	8340

These are probably what I wear most. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ARIAT-BOOTS-A10010944_306x400.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	8341

But you're not doing it right unless you have a pair of nubucks. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	984705-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	8342
    Fantastic. What is your line of work, dare I ask? Those are some imposing work shoes...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I didn't start wearing them until about two years ago. And I really do only wear them around the house, unless I'm just running to the store real fast or something. They aren't the best for walking around for long periods of time, so I don't wear them out too often. They are essentially house shoes for me.
    Gotcha. My bad, thought you meant you wore them for six years! Gotta stop watching the Bengals while I post on RZ. Or maybe I just gotta stop watching the Bengals period LOL.

Fantastic. What is your line of work, dare I ask? Those are some imposing work shoes...
    I work for a steel/metal distributor. I'm on "the floor" enough that I don't change shoes when I go into the office, though some of my colleagues do. They weigh about a metric ton a piece (steel guards up to the ankle), but they're Red Wings, so they're extraordinarily comfortable, given what they are.

13. Likes:

RedEye (12-23-2014)

So I really like shoes, and specifically sneakers and boots. I'm not a crazy collector or anything, but I get pretty excited about certain brands. So I thought I'd post shots of what I'm wearing and loving now with the hope that others will as well.

Name:	sizeImageMissing-634988703206746888-150.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	8334 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	converse-navy-blue-low-1.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	8335 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shoes_iAEC1043803.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	8336

Stan Smiths, Chuck Taylor lowtops in navy, Clarks Desert Boots
    Ha the three three biggest shoes of my life... but I did dump "Wallabees" years ago though,,, (Desert boots) and went to a gortex hiking boot and a nice doc martin low cut... and work shoes.... rockport and ecco. nothing else

15. Likes:

RedEye (12-23-2014)

I pretty much only wear chuck Taylors for the last 30 years. Switched to low tops ten years ago.

My current pair are navy blue and match my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I pretty much only wear chuck Taylors for the last 30 years. Switched to low tops ten years ago.

My current pair are navy blue and match my eyes.
    Horrible arch support, some guys wear flip flops, sandals, some sort of super Nike sandal sneaker

Me?

Chuck low tops

18. Likes:

RedEye (12-23-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Horrible arch support, some guys wear flip flops, sandals, some sort of super Nike sandal sneaker

Me?

Chuck low tops
    I love the look of Chucks, but I feel like I'm about to blow an ankle and/or fall and break my coccyx.

20. Likes:

KronoRed (12-23-2014),Raisor (12-23-2014),RedEye (12-23-2014)

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	8344

My wife picked these up for me today on her day off.

22. Likes:

RedEye (12-23-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I love the look of Chucks, but I feel like I'm about to blow an ankle and/or fall and break my coccyx.
    Bunion factory

Turn Off Ads?