Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monday's Game - Sappelt

Monday's Game - Sappelt

Just got back from the game... Every time I watch Sappelt he his hitting ropes. He's having a great spring IMO. He did lose a ball in the sun today, but made another great running catch over his shoulder at the warning track.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Re: Monday's Game - Sappelt

Hopefully by the all star break,they will trade a few players,as well as bring this guy up if he keeps hitting.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Sappelt is doing a fantastic job. He's batting over .500 and he's done it over 7 games. Not a ton, but it demonstrates consistency. He is also leading the team in hits, runs, and RBIs.

Quote Originally Posted by KYExtemper View Post
    He is also leading the team in hits, runs, and RBIs.
    Austin Kearns used to do that also in the spring.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

He is having a good spring, but he needs to start this season in the minors, even if he hits 1.000 with 20 homers and 65 spring RBIs.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonFlyer View Post
    He is having a good spring, but he needs to start this season in the minors, even if he hits 1.000 with 20 homers and 65 spring RBIs.
    Really?

If he's the best option you go with him. This team is ready to win now. He's extremely valuable as a pinch runner and late defensive sub also. On a bench with the likes of Cairo, Renteria, Hanigan, Francisco that is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonFlyer View Post
    I agree. His minor league and ST numbers are impressive, but with Heisey and Lewis already proven at this level, I want to see another productive 1/2 year in AAA of Sappelt before I'm confident enough to trade away an OFer to make room.

Another double and single today in the B game...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBaker View Post
    I agree. His minor league and ST numbers are impressive, but with Heisey and Lewis already proven at this level, I want to see another productive 1/2 year in AAA of Sappelt before I'm confident enough to trade away an OFer to make room.

What exactly have Heisey and Lewis proven?

Dumbest thing I have ever read.

Yeah that was a bold statement.

Dusty says there is more to playing baseball than hitting. True, I guess the other parts would be fielding and base running. Is Sappelt worse than Gomes at fielding, I doubt it.

If he proves to be the best option in LF at the end of spring training then I say bring him up.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Dusty says there is more to playing baseball than hitting. True, I guess the other parts would be fielding and base running. Is Sappelt worse than Gomes at fielding, I doubt it.

If he proves to be the best option in LF at the end of spring training then I say bring him up.
    There is also more to managing than filling out a lineup card, and Dusty can't even do that.

Sappelt should start in AAA but he should get a chance at some point He does seem to have that something extra.

Turn Off Ads?