Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: top prospect you have never heard of

Re: top prospect you have never heard of

I did see Renken twice while at CSF, he's a Mike Leake clone, lots of movement, lots of breaking balls, great control

2. Turn Off Ads?

I did check on the players in Mace's post #9 in this thread. Not all of those players are in camp in Goodyear. My source has seen all of them and he said that none of those guys are anything special at this point. Most are in the 86-90 range, most need better breaking pitches. He again focused on Carlos Ramos. He said that there is no question that Ramos is one of the Reds top 30 prospects RIGHT NOW. He will not make the Dayton team but he could get there this year and my source feels continues to say that he is very similar to Cueto.

By the way, forget about Jonathan Correa making the Dayton team out of spring training. He has not yet arrived in camp.

Lotzkar has had a great spring. Lets hope he stays healthy. He should be the Dayton opening night starter, followed in the rotation, in no particular order, by Corcino, Robles, Tuttle, and either Renken or Josh Smith. There is always a chance of someone getting bumped back at the last minute due to a numbers issue, such as Jacob Johnson.

Thanks for checking, 72. Hopefully, those guys are young enough--most of them were still high-school age last year--that their stuff can still develop a little. They certainly found a way to pitch well with what they have.

Interesting about Correa. Gotta wonder if there's a serious issue.

Turn Off Ads?