Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zack Greinke breaks rib playing basketball...

Zack Greinke breaks rib playing basketball...

PHOENIX -- Milwaukee Brewers right-hander Zack Greinke is likely to begin the season on the disabled list because of a fractured right rib.

Greinke injured himself while playing basketball in the offseason. Initial X-rays were negative, but an MRI exam Monday revealed a hairline fracture in one rib and a bruise in a second.

Greinke is a former AL Cy Young winner. The Brewers acquired him in an offseason trade with Kansas City.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Re: Zack Greinke breaks rib playing basketball...

Someone needs to tell Jonny Gomes to stifle himself this time.

aww shux.
    "Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."
    - Yogi Berra

This is the saddest day. We should respectfully mourn every day that Grienke is not active, less we be accomplices to this tragedy.

I Love Birds

article I read says he was told not to play basketball during spring training and ignored it.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

They're dropping like flies! :
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

A speedy recovery to both him and Wainwright. I want to see the Reds keep the crown by beating the best of the NL Central, not what's left of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampturkey View Post
    article I read says he was told not to play basketball during spring training and ignored it.
    Article says the offseason. I would take that to mean prior to spring training, right?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

What other sports does Carlos Silva play in his off time?
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

not smart

Greinke has a couple red flags on him, first being told not to play bball and playing anyways. Also he is getting blasted in the media because he wont go out to dinner and stuff with the rest of his teammates...doesnt seem like a big deal but once the media starts talking about it it doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Votto4MVP View Post
    Greinke has a couple red flags on him, first being told not to play bball and playing anyways. Also he is getting blasted in the media because he wont go out to dinner and stuff with the rest of his teammates...doesnt seem like a big deal but once the media starts talking about it it doesnt matter.
    So STL is on the verge of imploding and they might have chemistry issues in Milwaukee? Yes yes, probably wishful thinking on my part, but I'm just glad none of this stuff is coming out of our organization.

Good times.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    They're dropping like flies! :
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

J Horsley

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    So STL is on the verge of imploding and they might have chemistry issues in Milwaukee? Yes yes, probably wishful thinking on my part, but I'm just glad none of this stuff is coming out of our organization.

Good times.
    Lets not forget the Cubs are having fight nights already lol. Who's gonna be our competition when the others are completely shattered? The Pirates are the only team not in the news yet.
    When you play this game twenty years, go to bat ten-thousand times, and get three-thousand hits, do you know what that means? You've gone zero for seven-thousand. - Pete Rose for HOF!

http://jeremiahssportsblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    A speedy recovery to both him and Wainwright. I want to see the Reds keep the crown by beating the best of the NL Central, not what's left of them.
    Its part of the game, they had/have no problem winning against us when anyone is injured. Beating them with or without players is the name of the game, take care of yours, dont worry about the rest is all that matters. This whole "beat the best" arguement is worn out.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?