Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB 2K11 Xbox360 Review

MLB 2K11 Xbox360 Review

It looks like the game is much improved over previous versions. I might actually consider picking this up since it's the only game available on Xbox.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/xbox...1/reviews.html
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB 2K11 Xbox360 Review

If you don't mind me piggybacking why don't we talk about MLB The Show 11 on here as well (no sense running 2 threads).

As for the show, I played online tonight and swung late over and over...don't know if there was a delay or you just have to press the button a bit sooner this year.

Sad to say when playing STL Carp K'd 21 against me shutting me out over 9 innings.

Oh, but EV went 11 for a 3-hit shutout. Reds 6 Cards 0

(Never ceases to amaze me the people that guess-pitch fastball everytime. I will oblige, eating them up on the corners.)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    If you don't mind me piggybacking why don't we talk about MLB The Show 11 on here as well (no sense running 2 threads).

As for the show, I played online tonight and swung late over and over...don't know if there was a delay or you just have to press the button a bit sooner this year.

Sad to say when playing STL Carp K'd 21 against me shutting me out over 9 innings.

Oh, but EV went 11 for a 3-hit shutout. Reds 6 Cards 0

(Never ceases to amaze me the people that guess-pitch fastball everytime. I will oblige, eating them up on the corners.)

I had the exact same problem against Kershaw....although Votto did hit a 8th inning solo homerun to win a 2 hit game by me.....but Kershaw struck out 19 Reds.....and lost..lol. I was late almost every batter...but got on and played a regular game and was dead nuts on every pitch....PS3 online is horrible.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

There seems to be more animation with the hitter's stride, which affects the timing on the swing. I've just been playing RTTS so far and I think that mode has improved a bit. Now you can get points for having a good at bat, even if you get out. Get out on the first pitch and it's a poor at bat, but work the count and make the pitcher throw a ton of pitches before lining out to the warning track and it's a good at bat. I like it so far.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Ok, something is ticking me off here. I started RTTS and created a left fielder because I figured that position was an area of questionable depth on the Reds and I could make it up quickly. I started out in AA and played the heck out of it last night. I improved my guy well enough to get called up to AAA and have been playing pretty well. Now it's late in the season and I'm thinking I'll get called up soon, but every time I select to play my next appearance it tells me that the Reds have traded me to the Braves for David Ross. It's a video game for Pete's sake. There is a reason I put my player where I put him, and it wasn't to end up playing for another team. There should be a way around that. I know a real player could just get traded like that, but it's a darn game. I've quit and reloaded about 10 times and the result is the same every time. I really don't want to start over.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Ok, something is ticking me off here. I started RTTS and created a left fielder because I figured that position was an area of questionable depth on the Reds and I could make it up quickly. I started out in AA and played the heck out of it last night. I improved my guy well enough to get called up to AAA and have been playing pretty well. Now it's late in the season and I'm thinking I'll get called up soon, but every time I select to play my next appearance it tells me that the Reds have traded me to the Braves for David Ross. It's a video game for Pete's sake. There is a reason I put my player where I put him, and it wasn't to end up playing for another team. There should be a way around that. I know a real player could just get traded like that, but it's a darn game. I've quit and reloaded about 10 times and the result is the same every time. I really don't want to start over.
    My experience with RTTS tells me you will almost never make it to the bigs with the team you started out on unless you are drafted by them. Assigning yourself to a team will likely get you traded.

I gave up and started over.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I hate that part too,ORH. I wish like heck I could toggle my guy being traded off. Just got traded to the damned Giants....ick. SF just got a heller of a switch hitting SS. Guess it's better than the Cubs or Dodgers. My SP is still in Carolina but he'll get traded too, I have never had an RTTS guy not get traded.

What I would really love is if I could create myself, put myself on a Reds franchise and control only me and manage the rest. That would be my ultimate gaming scenario. A hybrid of both franchise and RTTS.

It is an awesome, awesome game though.
    Last edited by BoydsOfSummer; 03-12-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I started another career and the same thing happened. This time I got traded for Matt Halladay. The Phillies kept me in AAA and I just simmed the rest of the season. At the end of the season the Phillies were offering me a contract and I didn't sign it. I simmed the offseason and it told me that since I didn't have a contract with anyone, I could try out for any team in Spring Training. I picked the Reds and tore up Spring Training. Gomes got traded and I got the starting job. All is well. One season in the minors with two organizations and then I made my MLB debut with my original team.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Hey, you might be on to something there. I'll try that at the end of the season. Since I don't want to be on the Jints or anyone else, if the Reds won't sign me I'll just be back where I was basically.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

So the Reds traded Homer Bailey and the first time I faced him I took him deep, 455 feet into the upper deck.

Redlegs_87

MLB 11 The Show is the only reason I would want a ps3. I got MLB 2k11 few days ago. Mostly playing online against people. The way some people play is so infuriating. Trying to bunt non stop trying to steal non stop very lame. Just finished a game Playing as the Reds against the Cardinals at GABP. Travis wood took a shutout into the 9th but so did the cards. Eventually got to the 14th inning dude brings in Carpenter and strikes me out as Stubbs and Phillips. First pitch to Votto and launched it into the left center bullpen. Was so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyswan View Post
    The biggest changes and most notable has been the appearance and gestures of well-known baseball stars. You see only batting positions, pitching off the mound to the beat, happy, and representations in general, well-executed sports heroes. Lincecum seems Lincecum. Ichiro struts after hit and in its actual position. Brian Wilson And the beard of the face yelling as he does in the real world. These stakeholders to take front and center in the game has shown improvement.
    Are you referring to MLB 2K11 or The Show?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Update here. I just finished my first full MLB season. I hit .310 with 35 jacks and won ROY and hit a bomb in game 7 of the WS. I saved the game and started simming the off season. The Reds offered me a 7 year contract and then promptly traded me to the Rockies two weeks later. I backed out and am simming the off season again. Now they offered me a five year deal and I saved right after I signed the contract. I'm back to simming the rest of the off season, hoping they don't try to trade me again.

Picked up The Show a week ago, just got into really playing it today. The Pure Analog controls rock. For pitching, hitting, and fielding, although the hitting controls took me some time to get used to, as the last analog hitting system I used was 2k's for the ps2, where you just let go to contact swing, and push up for power swing, as opposed to The Show, where you always push up. I though the pitching was awesome, probably the best pitching system I've ever seen in a game. The throwing is pretty good too.

Haven't really gotten into RTTS yet, been working on my franchise roster (somehow they managed to sneak a AAA catcher on to the Reds named Kendrys Mesoraco).

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?