Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tourney Discussion

Re: NCAA Basketball 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Depends on how hot that player gets. Steph Curry carried Davidson to the Elite 8. But I think the Sweet 16 would be a nice run for BYU without Davies.
    The exception that proves the rule. Davidson's run was aided almost completely by who they played. Georgetown played slow. Wisconsin played even slower. And the Badgers had one athletic player on their entire team. The perfect storm.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Davidson's supporting cast was nothing like BYU's. Davidson was a true mid-major other than Curry. Not so much for BYU.

I wonder if BYU could have survived in the land of 36-33 that is the Big Ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    What's suspect about SDSU?
    Give me BYU and San Diego State in my bracket and I'm a happy guy. Neither team has played much of anyone. No experience in big games. I doubt they play up to their ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    If they played in the SEC East, they'd have finished below Georgia.
    You got really carried away here.

You got really carried away here.
    Who are they better than?

Florida? Please.

Kentucky? Not a chance.

Vandy would out-athletic them. And equal their shooting ability.

They couldn't hang with UT's athletes.

And UGA's bigs would eat them alive.

Seriously, Georgia?!? They're terrible.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

No question, losing Davies hurts BYU, but to suggest BYU is now a one man team is a bit disingenuous. Jackson Emery could start for many schools. He provides the same type of backcourt support Stephon Curry received from Jason Richards in '08.

IMHO, it is irrelevant to compare Major conference teams wuth SDSU and BYU. The NCAA tourney will take care of that, but, as Scrap pointed out, much depends on the bracket draw.

Congrats on Dayton making the Finals of A-10 tournament. Looks like they might play the Spiders of Richmond, who are leading Temple by 3 with 28 seconds to go.

Seriously, Georgia?!? They're terrible.
    Can you give me a bad loss for Georgia?

Can you give me a bad loss for Georgia?
    Alabama for one. And speaking as a Xavier grad and fan, I don't think there's much of a chance Xavier would win in the Marriott Center.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

FWIW, Joe Lunardi has Penn State and Colorado in and both Georgia and Alabama on the outside looking in, which I find odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    FWIW, Joe Lunardi has Penn State and Colorado in and both Georgia and Alabama on the outside looking in, which I find odd.
    I wish we were still at 65 so all four could make their well-deserved trips to the NIT.

Actually, seeing that Penn State has made it to the Big Ten final, they probably deserve a bid (though you have to hold your nose while giving them credit for winning a game 36-33!)
    Last edited by Boston Red; 03-12-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Alabama for one. And speaking as a Xavier grad and fan, I don't think there's much of a chance Xavier would win in the Marriott Center.
    Alabama is a bubble team at worst. They were the SEC West winner. (Not that that is great shakes, but the Crimson Tide won 12 games in the league.)

If Georgia and BYU switched teams, the 'Dogs would win the league by a landslide, Trey Thompkins would be mentioned similarly to Jimmer Fredette (but have 10+ rebounds per game) and the talking heads would insist the Bulldogs should have a top seed.

BYU, meanwhile, would be Arkansas, as Fredette = Rotnei Clarke (plus 5 inches).

Alabama is a bubble team at worst. They were the SEC West winner. (Not that that is great shakes, but the Crimson Tide won 12 games in the league.)

If Georgia and BYU switched teams, the 'Dogs would win the league by a landslide, Trey Thompkins would be mentioned similarly to Jimmer Fredette (but have 10+ rebounds per game) and the talking heads would insist the Bulldogs should have a top seed.

BYU, meanwhile, would be Arkansas, as Fredette = Rotnei Clarke (plus 5 inches).
    You've got to be a parody poster.

Turn Off Ads?