Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 3/17/11- Indians @ Reds (ST) (FSO)

3/17/11- Indians @ Reds (ST) (FSO)

Negron 5
    Cozart 6
    Heisey 8
    Frazier 9
    Hermida 7
    Cairo 3
    Valaika 4
    Miller 2
    Leake 1

Sheldon says they're not using the DH this game, but since he didn't list a RF either, what does he know?

EDIT: He's now added Frazier as RF, batting 4th.

This one's on FSO at 4.

Last edited by Redsfan320; 03-17-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3/17/11- Indians @ Reds (ST) (FSO)

Rough lineup for a TV game.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Rest of the pitchers per Fay
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...eup-v-indians/

Note that the Reds are not using the DH for the first time.

Nick Masset, Aroldis Chapman, Billy Bray, Jordan Smith and Dontrelle Willis are scheduled to follow Leake.

Leake is scheduled to go 70 pitches. This is a big start for him. He hasn’t pitched well. I think Sam LeCure or Matt Maloney are well ahead of Leake at this point.

Good gosh those green hats are awful. They look like frickin' Christmas trees out there. We have to celebrate St. Patrick's day w/ the green hats? Really?

And did Thom not make the trip to Arizona? Haven't seen him on TV all spring.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Good gosh those green hats are awful. They look like frickin' Christmas trees out there. We have to celebrate St. Patrick's day w/ the green hats? Really?

And did Thom not make the trip to Arizona? Haven't seen him on TV all spring.

I love them. In fact, I buy a new one every year.

Of course, I liked it best when they wore full St. Patty's day uniforms, with green lettering and logo and shamrock on the sleeve.

Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

4 innings of no runs from Leake. 4 hits, 1 bb and 2 k's.
    Frazier with a solo dinger in the 4th inning
    D-Train replaces Leake and TRIPLES in the 5th. Scores on Negron's single.
    Dontrelle allows 1 hit in 1 IP.
    Masset comes in and allows 2 bb's but gets out of the inning unscathed.
    Bray cruises through his inning with 2 k's.
    7th inning, Mesoraco singles, Soto doubles, Soto scores on a sac fly from Rojas, Sappelt TRIPLES to make it 4-0
    Jordan smith allows back to back lead off singles in the 8th, but escapes unscathed.
    Brodie Green gets his first ab in a spring game...single and an RBI to score Felix Perez. 5-0
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 03-17-2011 at 06:23 PM.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Looks like Leake did pretty well. 4 IP, 3 Hits, 2 K, 1 BB, 0 R. I didn't get to see him pitch, I came in at the bottom of the 5th just in time to see D-Willis pull a triple up the first base line. It looks like he's fully recovered from the ankle sprain.
    I saw Masset, Bray, and Smith pitch an inning each and they all looked good. Bray was really sharp and Smith was plagued by a 4th string defense, Alonso and Rojas let balls get through that I thought Votto and Janish would have had.
    Sappelt is still looking good at the plate, kept his hands back and high as he put a strong swing on a high outside pitch drilling it into the right field corner.
    They're in the bottom of the 8th now Reds 5 - Indians 0

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Mes looking pretty good both behind the plate and at it. After he swings, he puts his head down and talks to himself. Behind the plate he's looked good so far...he's catching Chapman now, so we'll see.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Gameday's saying an injury delay on the play where the indians scored. Who got hurt?

Chappy allowed a single, walk and a single that plated a run. But the Reds won 5-1.

If anybody has any info on the injury delay, I'd love an update.

Ok, I thought Mes looked really good with Chapman. Chapman was all over the place and Mes didn't let anything get away from him, in the dirt outside, in the hitters eyes inside, everywhere. Their was a dribbler up the third base line that went foul and Mes was halfway up the line like a big cat...A catcher whose knees still work! Imagine that! Chapman had a 1-2 count on a lefty to end the game and Mes called for the slider, but the Missile shook him off and threw a fastball low and inside for a ball. I personally thought the slider was the better call, but who knows if that was Mes or sent in from the bench.

The Missile is another matter. I've been saying it since the beginning of spring training, but after watching him I'm even more convinced. I think keeping him in the bullpen is a mistake. He needs to repeat his delivery as many times as he can to get his location down. He needs to build stamina as well if he's ever to be a starter. Plus, as a AAA starter he can work on his change-up...he can't do that in real game situations on the big league team. Every game counts. Anyway, that's the last time I'll harp on it. I'm just afraid they're keeping him up because he's such a gate draw and that's the worst reason I can think of.

I still love watching him and the whole team...Reds win 5-1

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Chappy allowed a single, walk and a single that plated a run. But the Reds won 5-1.

If anybody has any info on the injury delay, I'd love an update.
    It wasn't an injury, they just had a meeting on the mound to talk to Chapman. He didn't appear to be hurt or anything, I think they just wanted to get his mind off the hits.

At the time I was thinking Mes should go out and tell him his fly's open or something, but they sent Price and the trainer out and the whole infield met on the mound. Francisco seemed to be doing most of the jawing and Chapman was smiling like they were talking about chicks or beer or something. He seemed to settle down a bit after that.
    Last edited by WebScorpion; 03-17-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    It wasn't an injury, they just had a meeting on the mound to talk to Chapman. He didn't appear to be hurt or anything, I think they just wanted to get his mind off the hits.

At the time I was thinking Mes should go out and tell him his fly's open or something, but they sent Price and the trainer out and the whole infield met on the mound. Francisco seemed to be doing most of the jawing and Chapman was smiling like they were talking about chicks or beer or something. He seemed to settle down a bit after that.
    Okay, good. Thanks WS

Turn Off Ads?