Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mini-Report from Goodyear

Mini-Report from Goodyear

Been here since Wed. Unusual trip. Saw Wed night game against Royals. As I walked in I recognized some Reds official type guy standing there, and I nodded Hello, and he did same. It drove me crazy for about 3 innings trying to figure out who it was, but then it came to me. It was REDREAD's buddy John Allen, who directed the move to Az.

The Hawaiian guy that hit the homer for Royals hit monster blast that landed on roof of right field pavilion.

Yesterday, watched the Reds 5-1 victory over Indians. Decent outing for Leake. Fraziers homer was largely wind blown. Sappelt was in both games and blasted hits both times and both were lasers.

Learned a couple things. Definitely park on 1b side (2nd entrance if coming south on Estrella) Way easier entry and exit. This years program is total waste of $6. Half the program is Indians stuff and it has next to nothing in it. I've seen about 8 years worth of programs. Easily the worst.

Today went to minors games at Goodyear and against Brewers. Homer pitched in one game and gave up a wind aided homer. Saw the famous Ronald Torreyes and Junior Arias at other game, Arias was 3b and Torreyes SS. (Hamilton was SS for Bakersfield squad). Arias did nothing at plate but Torreyes got a couple hits. Not only is he short but he's also very thin.

Talked to parents of Matt Leonard.

The other item on this trip's agenda.... pick up an investment house. Mission Accomplished. On Thursday we signed contract to purchase a home in Avondale (city just east of Goodyear)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mini-Report from Goodyear

Nice report...

Did you get a steal on the house?

Also I don't know if you have been asked what is your badge the 535 sms?

Thanks, Jax. This is great.

Jax, just curious what part of Avondale you found your house? I just bought a house in Goodyear last October.

I'm on my way to Goodyear today. Staying all week, gonna catch four games.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I was initially attracted to the housing there because of the very low prices. (You can get a 2005 1400 Sg Ft home in Buckeye for $45000....although usually about $60K). But I've hooked up with realtor who is trying for a little higher end house and clientele.

So, I got a 1670 sf 2002 home in Coldwater Springs subdivision of Avondale at $89,900. HBP we may do another if this works out well, and it might be Goodyear next time.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 03-19-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    Nice report...

Did you get a steal on the house?

Also I don't know if you have been asked what is your badge the 535 sms?
    533 SMS Strategic Missile Squadron. I am retired Air Force and was a Titan II missile launch officer. 533 was McConnell AFB, Wichita Kansas. Also did missiles in Little Rock AR.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    533 SMS Strategic Missile Squadron. I am retired Air Force and was a Titan II missile launch officer. 533 was McConnell AFB, Wichita Kansas. Also did missiles in Little Rock AR.
    Thanks for your service Jax!

And thanks for the report.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I was initially attracted to the housing there because of the very low prices. (You can get a 2005 1400 Sg Ft home in Buckeye for $45000....although usually about $60K). But I've hooked up with realtor who is trying for a little higher end house and clientele.

So, I got a 1670 sf 2002 home in Coldwater Springs subdivision of Avondale at $89,900. HBP we may do another if this works out well, and it might be Goodyear next time.
    There are still great real estate deals all over the west valley. Congrats!

I know once before you said you were "right up the road".... what area?

I'm at Estrella Mountain Ranch...about 5 miles south of the ballpark. From what I understand, some of the players are staying at EMR...kinda cool.

Showing your age a little bit with the Titan II...

Great deal on the house.

Yes, I know EMR. I was at least at the very end of Titan II.... closed down 2 bases....

Don't worry I was one of the last ones through C school that worked on teletype printers..

Turn Off Ads?