Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Amazing wresting story.

Amazing wresting story.

Arizona State wrestler Anthony Robles, who was born without a right leg, became an NCAA champion Saturday night when he won his 125-pound final at the Division I Wrestling Championships
    Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/st...#ixzz1HApef2pc

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Amazing wresting story.

Yeah, it was cool to watch. I'm one of the few people who follows college wrestling very closely and watches any of it that is on TV (there's a lot shown on the Big Ten Network). I remember watching his match last year in the semi-finals.

The guy he beat was perhaps one the top 5 wrestlers at any weight class this year. He was the national champ last year as a Freshman only losing a single match. He also lost one match only this year to the guy he beat in the semis. He'll likely go undefeated the next two years and wind up with 3 national titles. He'll dominate, much like he's done the last two years.

And for anyone else who may follow wrestling, I can't freaking believe David Taylor lost. I thought he was as close to unbeatable as anyone out there, with the exception of maybe Jordan Burroughs. I thought he was going to be the guy who matched Cael Sanderson and never lose a match in college and winning 4 national titles. I can't imagine he'll ever lose again, but catching him with a cradle is probably the only way he can be beaten.

I think Taylor is the best high school wrestler to ever come out of Ohio and will go down as one of the top 5 college wrestlers of all time, but he gave his opponent a very small opening and he took advantage. Disappointing. You could tell he had no idea what had just happened.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Amazing wresting story.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Gosh, I can't believe he found anyone that would wrestle him- most people's value systems don't allow for violence against handicapped people.

Turn Off Ads?