Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Name change.....again

Re: Name change.....again

Welcome to Indy. Zionsville is a great little town

If your son is going to Zionsville HS then he is lucky cause it has an excellent baseball program with a very good coach. He is new this year but was the coach at Brebeuf HS and had an awful lot of success there.

Welcome again and maybe we can meet sometime.!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post

If your son is going to Zionsville HS then he is lucky cause it has an excellent baseball program with a very good coach. He is new this year but was the coach at Brebeuf HS and had an awful lot of success there.

Is Zangrilli the coach there now?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Is Zangrilli the coach there now?
    He sure is.

I umped alot of his games.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    Be nice if you could find your way back to WV, but we all know how that goes. I'm probably not too long for this place either.
    Nor am I. I thought we might have been seeing some change with Manchin but its reverted back to the same idiots that have chased out so many over the years. Especially now I fear at the incompetance of this upcoming group that is running for governor in the next couple cycles.

Congrats on the new job Randy.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post

I met a coach in Columbus, OH at a travel tournament who is now coaching for the Indiana Bulls 13U team. We have stayed in touch and he told me that the new coach at Zionsville was top notch. He is interested in my son playing with the Bulls and told me that we could possibly finish out the season there if we moved early. I also have been in contact with Mark Patrick, former host of the baseball morning show on XM and Drew Storen's father. He told me that I needed to be in Brownsburg, but my wife really likes Zionsville and with the what I'm hearing about the new coach, I think it would be a good fit for us.

Thanks for the info and I would love to meet sometime! Should be getting there in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Nor am I. I thought we might have been seeing some change with Manchin but its reverted back to the same idiots that have chased out so many over the years. Especially now I fear at the incompetance of this upcoming group that is running for governor in the next couple cycles.

Congrats on the new job Randy.
    Thanks!

Thought I would update you guys. We have sold our home in Charlotte and just closed on a home in Brownsburg, Indiana. Closed on the home on Tuesday and stayed there Wednesday and Thursday to meet the moving truck and help my wife unpack. We made a dent but still a lot to unpack and put up. Wife is there for good, while I flew back to Charlotte this morning, staying in a Residence Inn with our son so that he can finish the school year and a couple more baseball tournaments with his travel team. Think we are really going to like Brownsburg. We will be living in a neighborhood, Hollaway Ridge, at the West Chase golf club. Didn't realize how friendly Indiana people could be. Lots of people coming by the house on Wednesday and Thursday, introducing themselves and welcoming us to the neighborhood. Puts southern hospitality to shame! Seems like a great area and I know we are going to love it there, and of course, I'm closer to the Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    Thought I would update you guys. We have sold our home in Charlotte and just closed on a home in Brownsburg, Indiana. Closed on the home on Tuesday and stayed there Wednesday and Thursday to meet the moving truck and help my wife unpack. We made a dent but still a lot to unpack and put up. Wife is there for good, while I flew back to Charlotte this morning, staying in a Residence Inn with our son so that he can finish the school year and a couple more baseball tournaments with his travel team. Think we are really going to like Brownsburg. We will be living in a neighborhood, Hollaway Ridge, at the West Chase golf club. Didn't realize how friendly Indiana people could be. Lots of people coming by the house on Wednesday and Thursday, introducing themselves and welcoming us to the neighborhood. Puts southern hospitality to shame! Seems like a great area and I know we are going to love it there, and of course, I'm closer to the Reds!

My buddy lives in that neighborhood, very nice.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Glad to hear it's all going smoothly. Let the Indy contingent know when you're a little bit more moved in and we'll all gather at a west side watering hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Good luck in Indy, Randy! New locals are fun. I hope your son has a positive experience with the new coaching staff.

I really hope you don't become a Colts fan.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Wow!

Recently, CNN Money Magazine ranked Brownsburg as the #1 place to live in Indiana, and #33 best in the Nation. The magazine cited Brownsburg's low crime, strong economy, and excellent schools as factors for placing Brownsburg at the top.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownsburg,_Indiana
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I had seen that, GAC. Sounds good to me!

So what happened to Zionsville??

Both Brownsburg and Zionsville have great baseball programs.

Couldn't find a home that we liked in Z-ville. Loved Zangrilli. Talked to him on the phone, several times and he was super. That is the only thing that I am a little dissapointed about. Saw Zionsville play McCutcheon while we were there and loved the way Zangrilli ran the game and handled his kids. On a positive note, if the young assistant coach that we met at Brownsburg, Jeff Brown, ends up being the head coach and it seems to be a good possibility, I will be very happy. He was a super young man.

Couldn't find a home that we liked in Z-ville. Loved Zangrilli. Talked to him on the phone, several times and he was super. That is the only thing that I am a little dissapointed about. Saw Zionsville play McCutcheon while we were there and loved the way Zangrilli ran the game and handled his kids. On a positive note, if the young assistant coach that we met at Brownsburg, Jeff Brown, ends up being the head coach and it seems to be a good possibility, I will be very happy. He was a super young man.
    I like Zangrilli to. I was supposed to umpire his sectional but had to give it back for personal reasons. They were heavily favored but got knocked out.

Brownsburg is interesting because Pat O'Neil their long time coach who was very successful was booted out last year. I am not really sure why but he was a very good coach. His successor Wayne Johnson who was coach before O'Neil had an outstanding year and his Brownsburg team won a sectional this year. I wouldn't be shocked if he returned.

Turn Off Ads?