Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lance Armstrong and Doping: Is this news anymore?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Lance Armstrong and Doping: Is this news anymore?

I know there are some cycling fans here.
    This doesn't go away.

What do you think?

But the most damning revelation of all from tonight's broadcast, Hamilton said that Armstrong failed a drug test in 2001 and that Lance, with the help of the International Cycling Union (UCI), "took care of it."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/lance...#ixzz1NDSFey9l
    http://www.businessinsider.com/lance...minutes-2011-5
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lance Armstrong and Doping: Is this news anymore?

It wouldn't shock me if he was doping since it seems like everyone in that sport does. It does seem a little hard to believe that the guy that dominated that sport for almost a decade didn't dope while all these guys getting caught or admitting it did.

Now that said he has never failed a drug test and he has taken a lot of them. Claiming that Lance bought off the IOC is a pretty sensational claim. Not saying it isn't possible, but if choice A is Lance didn't dope and choice B is elaborate scheme involving buying off governing bodies and having EPO delivered in lunch bags in Spain, well I'm going to error on side A.

Lance Armstrong has and will continue to raise money and awarness towards canser. If his greatest crime turns out to be cheating in a sport full of cheaters than that's too bad, but I want some solid evidence not old teammates saying things to sell books.

It wouldn't surprise me because it seems like every major cyclist in the sport doped at some point. However it's odd that these guys don't come out and say "Lance doped" until their selling a book or something. Also, all of these guys failed drug tests ... Lance never did, so he must be some sort of evil doping genius.

Saying that the UCI covered for him after he failed a test is quite a claim. I'd like to see some proof.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

I love the way the American media dumps on cycling over doping. As Paul Daugherty said in his blog today- "is there a bigger cesspool in sports than big-time cycling? "

Well, Paul, how about baseball in the 90s while all you guys in the media were looking the other way? And as far as baseball having solved its problems, has anybody seen Bartolo Colon pitch lately after his miracle "surgery"?

And don't get me going about the NFL? Is there anybody out there who seriously thinks most of these guys aren't doing PEDs? Have you ever seen what they look like.

Or how about Derrick Rose recently stating to ESPN that juicing was a huge problem in the NBA and now suddenly he can't remember his statement. Lets get serious.

Its easy to complain about cycling but does anybody really think American sports are any cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I love the way the American media dumps on cycling over doping. As Paul Daugherty said in his blog today- "is there a bigger cesspool in sports than big-time cycling? "

Well, Paul, how about baseball in the 90s while all you guys in the media were looking the other way? And as far as baseball having solved its problems, has anybody seen Bartolo Colon pitch lately after his miracle "surgery"?

And don't get me going about the NFL? Is there anybody out there who seriously thinks most of these guys aren't doing PEDs? Have you ever seen what they look like.

Or how about Derrick Rose recently stating to ESPN that juicing was a huge problem in the NBA and now suddenly he can't remember his statement. Lets get serious.

Its easy to complain about cycling but does anybody really think American sports are any cleaner.
    The key difference is the way that cyclists point the finger at each other. One gets caught, and immediately starts pointing to others. There was also quite a stink raised in France about American cyclists being "dirty." That is what I think Daugherty was talking about, not the fact that doping is any more rampant. I could be wrong, but thats my take. Its not about the drugs, its about the attitude.

Turn Off Ads?