Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy G hired at Texas Tech ... Bruce Pearl to be fired this afternoon ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Billy G hired at Texas Tech ... Bruce Pearl to be fired this afternoon ...

As the CBB world turns...

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Billy G hired at Texas Tech ... Bruce Pearl to be fired this afternoon ...

Billy G. + Texas Tech= Perfect fit.

Among the names tossed around for the UT job are predictably Mooney, Smart--the usual suspects--and--are you ready for this?

Lawrence Frank.

Drunk >>>>>>> Cheat

Only Eddie Sutton could get away with being both.

I always thought Billy G was one heck of a basketball coach. He may have been out of his league at UK but he took A&M from a doormat to a good program.

As for UT I don't know if they will ever be able to do better than Pearl. He was a very good coach and a master motivator. It takes a lot for someone to be 3rd fiddle at a university and love it. Every time UT played a home game they played on Pat Summit court. Pearl took the UT girls program and embraced that. Its a shame it went down the way it did, but Pearl will land on his feet somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Help me out WV, is there a coach named Dimond or do these guys not know how to spell?

I suppose those two things aren't mutually exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Help me out WV, is there a coach named Dimond or do these guys not know how to spell?

I suppose those two things aren't mutually exclusive.
    Note to Tennessee fans: "Don't ever change"

It's the latter.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Hey Texas Tech, it would be in your best interest to invest in a personal driver for Billy G. (Although it wasn't fool proof while at UK!)
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Texas should go after Bruce Pearl. Rick Barnes has laid too many eggs in The Big Dance.

I heard an ESPN commentator yesterday suggesting that the ideal program-cleansing hire for Tennessee would be Bob Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Texas should go after Bruce Pearl. Rick Barnes has laid too many eggs in The Big Dance.

I heard an ESPN commentator yesterday suggesting that the ideal program-cleansing hire for Tennessee would be Bob Knight.
    I have been thinking the same thing about Rick Barnes for a couple of years now. He minimizes all that talent that comes to Austin IMO. Okay, maybe not minimizes, but certainly he underachieves with what he has.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I have been thinking the same thing about Rick Barnes for a couple of years now. He minimizes all that talent that comes to Austin IMO. Okay, maybe not minimizes, but certainly he underachieves with what he has.
    If he were looking to jump ship, NC State would be the perfect opportunity with him a North Carolina native. Some NC St fans were calling for him but he would be nuts to go there. Whoever takes that job is going to have their hands full.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Oh, you glorious Tennessee fans....please, please...NEVER change.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Billy G is a great hire "if off the sauce" for Tech. Kentucky was way over his head and would be forever. Wildcats basketball is a true top of the ladder place and Billy G was never going to be that.

That being said great move by Tech.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I have heard NC St fans that actually think they have a shot at Brad Stevens. I can't think of one reason why he would go there or anywhere similar.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I have heard NC St fans that actually think they have a shot at Brad Stevens. I can't think of one reason why he would go there or anywhere similar.
    I'm not sure I'd ever leave Butler if I'm Stevens, but if anyone could create a legacy at NC State along the lines of Coach K at Duke and Dean Smith at UNC, he's young enough and certainly bright enough to do so.

Nearly everything is in place for Stevens in Raleigh:

>Rabid fan base.

>Booster $$$

>Facilities. RBC Center is a state of the art Arena.

>Proximity to talent.

>Not to mention, Steven's Indiana/MIdwest recruiting base. Former coaches Everett Case and Norm Sloan routinely recruited successfully there. Stevens could land talent he can only dream about at Butler.

>Realistically, how much longer are Coach K and Roy Williams going to coach?

Maybe I'm jaded because I spent 19 years in Raleigh/Cary, but given the upgrades in facilities, I firmly believe that with the right coach in place, there is absolutely NO reason why NC State should play 3rd fiddle to the big two in triangle. None.

Where they failed 5 years ago was in not seriously considering Sean Miller for the job. He would have crawled to Raleigh for the NC State job then.

Turn Off Ads?