Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Billy G hired at Texas Tech ... Bruce Pearl to be fired this afternoon ...

Re: Billy G hired at Texas Tech ... Bruce Pearl to be fired this afternoon ...

Another DC school is looking for a new head coach. George Washington University fired Karl Hobbs. GW just hired a new AD and apparently he wanted someone else to be mens basketeball coach. I'm not sure anyone can do any better than Hobbs did at GW. I walk up through the GW campus everyday to and from work. They have been doing a lot of work upgrading their basketball facilities. They also supposedly had a good recruiting class coming in next season. Looks like they will be starting over with someone else at the helm.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=454&sid=2358739
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rick Pitino is supposed to announce his assistant coaches today at 12:30.

Look for someone to decommit by 1:00.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Another DC school is looking for a new head coach. George Washington University fired Karl Hobbs. GW just hired a new AD and apparently he wanted someone else to be mens basketeball coach. I'm not sure anyone can do any better than Hobbs did at GW. I walk up through the GW campus everyday to and from work. They have been doing a lot of work upgrading their basketball facilities. They also supposedly had a good recruiting class coming in next season. Looks like they will be starting over with someone else at the helm.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=454&sid=2358739
    I wonder if they would take Mike Jarvis back.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I wonder if they would take Mike Jarvis back.
    Jarvis was at Florida Atlantic. I don't know if he's still there or not. I would imagine he wouldn't want to leave that warm weather if he is still in Florida.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Jarvis was at Florida Atlantic. I don't know if he's still there or not. I would imagine he wouldn't want to leave that warm weather if he is still in Florida.
    Yeah. He's still there. They had a nice season this year by Florida Atlantic standards.

Dude can coach. I think he would have gotten it done at St. John's except that he recruited a couple of morons that forced the Johnny's to run him off.

He's more of a northeast guy and he had it going at GW back in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Hey now, the coach just wanted to take his 'talents to souf beach.' Wheres the harm?
    Larranaga is almost at the age where he's legally required to move to Florida anyway - he's just jumping the gun by a few years.

George Mason fans are pretty devastated but they're also confident that their AD will make a good hire.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Ex-Ga Tech coach Hewitt takes job at George Mason.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...gemason-hewitt
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Larranaga is almost at the age where he's legally required to move to Florida anyway - he's just jumping the gun by a few years.

George Mason fans are pretty devastated but they're also confident that their AD will make a good hire.
    And they were wrong.

Gary Williams retires at Maryland. Pretty underrated coach in my opinion.

Remarkable turnover in DC area this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Gary Williams retires at Maryland. Pretty underrated coach in my opinion.

Remarkable turnover in DC area this offseason.
    Wow, definitely didn't see that one coming. Would have thought he would have announced it toward the end of the season.

Would it be too late for them to end up with a decent coach?
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Wow, definitely didn't see that one coming. Would have thought he would have announced it toward the end of the season.

Would it be too late for them to end up with a decent coach?
    Tough call. That's a pretty attractive job.

Looks like Maryland is going to look at Jay Wright,Mike Brey and Sean Miller first. Brey may be interested. He's orginally from Bethesda. Maryland is a very good job. They have a pretty rabid fanbase and an overall good program for many years. Arguably the 3rd best job in the ACC after Duke and Carolina.

com/sports/colleges/gary-williams-retires-after-22-seasons-coaching-maryland-basketball/2011/05/05/AF2U3i2F_story.html
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Looks like Maryland is going to look at Jay Wright,Mike Brey and Sean Miller first. Brey may be interested. He's orginally from Bethesda. Maryland is a very good job. They have a pretty rabid fanbase and an overall good program for many years. Arguably the 3rd best job in the ACC after Duke and Carolina.

com/sports/colleges/gary-williams-retires-after-22-seasons-coaching-maryland-basketball/2011/05/05/AF2U3i2F_story.html
    I'd say Mike Brey is the most likely.

UM is close to DC and Baltimore is nearby as well. There has been some top recruits that have slipped through the cracks lately and Gary Williams, while a great coach, has completely ignored the AAU circuit aka Tubby Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'd say Mike Brey is the most likely.

UM is close to DC and Baltimore is nearby as well. There has been some top recruits that have slipped through the cracks lately and Gary Williams, while a great coach, has completely ignored the AAU circuit aka Tubby Smith.
    Several of those DC area kids ended up at UConn, who was obviously successful with them. Successful enough to end up with NCAA sanctions. Perhaps williams was wise to stay away from the DC AAU scene.

Tubby!!

Tubby wanted to go to Maryland but they didn't offer... why he chose Highpoint. (playing days)

Tubby would actually have to recruit in the ACC tho or he would get buried...

Turn Off Ads?