I ran across this intership today and I would think that there are some posters here that would fit the outline. Whether anyone is interested is another question but I thought I would make it available. If there is another location that would work better I would be happy for a mod to move it there.

Baseball Internship - Summer 2011 Athletes & Personalities

Posted 3/8/2011 Location San Diego, CA

Refer a Candidate

Qualifications

Octagon is the world’s largest sponsorship consulting practice and a pioneer and leader in athlete and personality representation and management. With more than 900 employees globally, Octagon manages/influences billions in worldwide sponsorship rights fees and activation. We work with hundreds of blue-chip corporate clients, more than 800 Athletes & Personalities clients, and manage more than 5,000 events per year. Leading stakeholders in the sports and entertainment world continue to look to Octagon to provide leadership in understanding fans’ passions and how these insights can build more effective, efficient and measureable marketing programs. For more information, please visit www.octagon.com.

The ad:
"The Baseball Internship offers a compelling and insightful look into the sports industry and an introduction to the world of Baseball off the field. Octagon seeks talented and driven undergraduate or graduate students to closely work with our Baseball team in a wide range of projects and tasks. Throughout the course of the internship, you will have the opportunity to conduct contract analysis and comparison, research player statistics, create and prepare marketing materials, conduct statistical analysis and projection, proofread contracts and complete general office tasks.

The position is located in our San Diego office and is a full time position during the summer. In order to be considered for this unpaid internship, you must be able to receive school credit and provide proof of credit.

REQUIREMENTS:

- Must receive school credit

- Very detailed oriented and strong organizational skills

- Strong written and oral communication skills

- Resourceful and strong research skills

- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint

- Experience with statistical research and analysis is a plus

- Baseball knowledge is a plus

For consideration, please submit your résumé and cover letter via e-mail, with “Baseball Internship-San Diego” in the subject line, to: hr.usa@octagon.com.

Octagon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/AA.M/F/D/V."

http://www.octagon.com/AboutUs/44

Click on 'Join our team' at the top of the screen and look for this internship. It was posted on 3/8/11. Summer in San Diego is very nice. Add baseball, well, it's excellent.

Rem