Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rough Outing for Leake Today

Rough Outing for Leake Today

Leake was getting behind on a lot of batters. It looked to me like he was getting squeezed quite a bit by the ump then had to come into the middle of the plate...just what it looked like from my angle.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rough Outing for Leake Today

Travis Wood is our best Pitcher...better than Arroyo, Cueto, Volquez, Bailey and Leake.

Wood was our best pitcher the second half of last season, and he's carried that over to this Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Travis Wood is our best Pitcher...better than Arroyo, Cueto, Volquez, Bailey and Leake.

Wood was our best pitcher the second half of last season, and he's carried that over to this Spring.
    Baby Lee.

Maybe we should send the whole rotation to Arkansas in the off season. Let them watch what Cliff and Travis do to get ready for the season.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I'd much rather see Willis or Maloney in Cueto's spot.

Leake really needs to throw some minor league innings, IMO.

I'm not too confident in Leake. However, with the off days it's conceivable he'll only need to make 1 MLB start before Cueto is ready to return in mid-April (in theory). Now, if he does well they may use 5 starters and not use the off days, however, if he gets shelled I could see them then using the off days as the fifth starter until Cueto returns.

If the Reds wanted they wouldn't need Leake to make his first start until April 9th, meaning his next start would be scheduled for the 14th, and it just so happens the Reds are off on the 14th. So if they wanted, the 2nd start for the 5th spot could be pushed to April 19th. If Cueto isn't ready by then it probably means something else besides general soreness is going on.
    Last edited by NeilHamburger; 03-22-2011 at 11:48 PM.

It sounds to me Leake is having serious command issues, which if that is the case, he really needs to be in AAA to start the season, no matter what.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I'd much rather see Willis or Maloney in Cueto's spot.

Leake really needs to throw some minor league innings, IMO.
    Agree.

Like about 200 innings worth. He needs instruction.

I'd feel more comfortable with Dontrelle at this point. It's becoming more transparent that Leake is starting to lose confidence and could stand to benefit more AAA innings than a vet like Willis who at least looks serviceable while Cueto is out for a bit.

Turn Off Ads?