Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pay Up Dez Bryant!

Pay Up Dez Bryant!

It seems that Cowboy WR Dez Bryant has at least three folks who say he's run up unpaid tabs.

The legal problems and financial obligations are piling up for Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant.

On Monday, a New York-based jewelry company filed a suit that claimed Bryant owes $246,000 for several pieces of jewelry he ordered from January to May 2010.

On Tuesday, The Dallas Morning News reported that another jeweler based in the Dallas suburb of Colleyville is trying to collect more than $320,350 from Bryant. The second suit, which was filed in Tarrant County court, claims Bryant hasn't paid debts for jewelry, tickets and personal loans.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said players’ actions during the lockout can be subject to disciplinary review once the labor dispute is resolved. The Tulsa World also reported Tuesday that Bryant has been sued in Stillwater, Okla., for failure to pay rent and damages sustained to his three-bedroom, two-bathroom home he rented there. Payne County District Court documents claim he owes a total of $3,479.80.

“The guy just left and didn’t pay his rent,” property manager Bryce Campbell told The Tulsa World. “It’s that simple.”

According to the Texas lawsuit—originally filed last September but amended last week—jeweler/ticket broker Eleow Hunt says Bryant has not paid for 40 pieces of jewelry totaling $293,000.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...#ixzz1I1oRvd8r

My question is what idiot would let him walk off with 100s of thousands of dollars without securing payment? How many of you have walked into a jewelry store and picked up a bunch of stuff without giving them a valid credit card, check or whatever? Of course Dez has a problem here but I don't have a ton of sympathy for these jewelers who are naive enough to assume a check was in the mail.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pay Up Dez Bryant!

You've got an NFL guy wearing your stuff. I would think most stores would consider that a promotional opportunity. Most people would expect a wealthy client to actually pay for the stuff at some point.

I believe the bigger question is why does a wealthy NFL player not pay what he owes?

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    I believe the bigger question is why does a wealthy NFL player not pay what he owes?
    Only "little people" pay what they owe seems to be the attitude of some celebrities, who believe that the rules do not apply to them.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It seems that Cowboy WR Dez Bryant has at least three folks who say he's run up unpaid tabs.

The legal problems and financial obligations are piling up for Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...#ixzz1I1oRvd8r

My question is what idiot would let him walk off with 100s of thousands of dollars without securing payment? How many of you have walked into a jewelry store and picked up a bunch of stuff without giving them a valid credit card, check or whatever? Of course Dez has a problem here but I don't have a ton of sympathy for these jewelers who are naive enough to assume a check was in the mail.
    Because he's Dez Freaking Bryant. He's an NFL player who make a few million every year, he's bound to be good for the loan. And I agree with Baron.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

You've got an NFL guy wearing your stuff. I would think most stores would consider that a promotional opportunity. Most people would expect a wealthy client to actually pay for the stuff at some point.

Well the bigger issue here being is that he started the loan when he wasn't a wealthy NFL player. He took the loan while he was at Okie St. with the expectation that he would pay the guy back once he was in the league.

Just because you make a lot of money doesn't mean you are wealthy.

I would be willing to bet that most of Dez Bryant's up front money is gone and he is awaiting his next paycheck from the Cowboys.

Is stuff like this and Adrian Peterson's comments about the NFL being modern day slavery turning people off from the NFL?

Am I alone here?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Just because you make a lot of money doesn't mean you are wealthy.

I would be willing to bet that most of Dez Bryant's up front money is gone and he is awaiting his next paycheck from the Cowboys.
    With the lock out it could be a while before he sees any more Cowboy money, maybe he should get a job flipping burgers in the meantime.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

How does wearing jewelry promote your stuff? Can you tell by looking at him that he went to Jared?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Is stuff like this and Adrian Peterson's comments about the NFL being modern day slavery turning people off from the NFL?
    People will be turned off until the games start back up again.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?