Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential Kyle Lotzkar injury

Potential Kyle Lotzkar injury

Adam Foster from Project Prospect is in Arizona watching the Reds minor league camp today. He just tweeted this:

Lotzkar just took himself out mid-outing. He threw a few between-inning warmup pitches then walked back to the dugout pointing to his elbow.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 03-26-2011 at 02:52 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Potential Kyle Lotzkar injury

Yikes. not good

Not surprising, unfortunately. His injury history is just so riddled.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

What is in the water out there in zona!!!! All the pitchers have taken hits this year it seams only Wood and Leake are healthy.

Hopefully it's nothing as Lotzkar has the stuff to be a good 2 if not a 1 in the majors.

Lotzkar has just never been able to stay out there for an extended period. Its why I questioned the national "lists" putting him back on there.

Sorry to hear this about him, but I just don't see him holding up over time.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    What is in the water out there in zona!!!! All the pitchers have taken hits this year it seams only Wood and Leake are healthy.

Hopefully it's nothing as Lotzkar has the stuff to be a good 2 if not a 1 in the majors.
    Lotzkar, unfortunately, was just a time bomb. Great stuff, seems like a real good kid to boot. But his arm action is just violent.

Hopefully it's nothing too serious but it doesn't sound good. What a shame too because the guy has some nasty stuff.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

On a related note Chris Dickerson just came out of his first Yankees game holding his hammy.. (really)

Biggest story of the spring for fans of Reds minors if it sets Lotzkar back. Waiting nervously for anything more on this. Very, very tough news to take. Reports on Lotzkar this spring were so encouraging.

That stinks, I wish him the best but it just seems he cant stay healthy for long enough...
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Perhaps more discouraging given his current level (AAA)is an injury to Phillipe Valiquette - I heard yesterday he will be out several months with a torn muscle in his back. (This is not confirmed just overheard)

I just spent the past week in AZ and watched a minor and major leage game nearly every day - Observations: Willis is done, Horst very polished and most likely to get a call up if staff continues to disinegrate. MLB hitters have figured out DR Herrera (topped out at 82 the other day - threw one pitch at 58 in AAA game. Stubbs looks bad, but always a slow starter. Arroyo hustled for 5 innings, backing up every play - made A ball hitters look silly except for 3 run HR he gave up.

I've hit the panic button on pitching - I see a poor start to the season, given injuries, illness etc. Hopefully, offense will keep us in contention

-The Insider-

Dang, did not know about Vall. I need to step my game up on finding out stuff for you guys lol

Well, Valiquette being out for a couple months means an open spot on 40 at least

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Well, Valiquette being out for a couple months means an open spot on 40 at least
    Not that you're not aware, but that's true only if he's put on the 60-day DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlags View Post
    Perhaps more discouraging given his current level (AAA)is an injury to Phillipe Valiquette - I heard yesterday he will be out several months with a torn muscle in his back. (This is not confirmed just overheard)

I just spent the past week in AZ and watched a minor and major leage game nearly every day - Observations: Willis is done, Horst very polished and most likely to get a call up if staff continues to disinegrate. MLB hitters have figured out DR Herrera (topped out at 82 the other day - threw one pitch at 58 in AAA game. Stubbs looks bad, but always a slow starter. Arroyo hustled for 5 innings, backing up every play - made A ball hitters look silly except for 3 run HR he gave up.

I've hit the panic button on pitching - I see a poor start to the season, given injuries, illness etc. Hopefully, offense will keep us in contention
    Good stuff, seriously. First I heard of Valliquette's issue. I like Horst a lot and hope he does well. I'm guessing that you're saying Willis is toast. I would have been shocked had he managed to turn around his decline. I've believed DRH was done for a while. I'm surprised he's still with the club. With several lefties ailing I guess Jospeph will get an earlier look this spring after things get started.

Turn Off Ads?