Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where's Yorman?

Where's Yorman?

With all the young guys getting into these early ST games, Yorman is conspicuous by his absence. Anyone know if he's hurt?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Where's Yorman?

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    With all the young guys getting into these early ST games, Yorman is conspicuous by his absence. Anyone know if he's hurt?
    He probably didn't come early to camp. The minor leaguers aren't required to have reported yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He probably didn't come early to camp. The minor leaguers aren't required to have reported yet.
    That may be, but considering the opportunities the youngsters are getting it doesn't look like a good decision on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    That may be, but considering the opportunities the youngsters are getting it doesn't look like a good decision on his part.
    It may not be as simple as him deciding to not come early. It's also possible he's still working on his visa. It's also possible he's in camp and just hasn't been asked over yet. Not sure how Lohman ended up in yesterday's game, although I know these things happen, but he's not a non-roster invitee. Not sure we can make much of it really.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I am guessing the Reds simply didn't ask him to be there and didn't include him in the plans to hang out with the big league club early. For whatever reason. I absolutely wouldn't read anything into that myself, and certainly wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it's because he's not in camp yet.

My guess is that he's had visa problems or injury problems. I have to think that he absolutely was/would have been part of the early camp the Reds convened for prospects. You don't exclude your best and most expensive prospect from a gathering like that.

Maybe someone should e-mail sheldon or fay and get them to find out. Blackberry posting or I would send one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Maybe someone should e-mail sheldon or fay and get them to find out. Blackberry posting or I would send one right now.
    I sent a tweet to Jamie Ramsey last night but he hasn't responded yet.

Yorman has been in camps for a few weeks now. Why he isn't playing though, I don't know.

-The Insider-

I found out!!

I found out!!
    Care to share, Mr. Insider?

...or am I taking this the wrong way?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

johnfayman

Some of you have asked about Yorman Rodriguez. He's not in camp yet, thus not in games, Gets here 3/8. #reds

-The Insider-

Cmckdkdkdc I was about to report it, I talked to Sheldon and that's what he said

Very strange. He was in camp a few weeks ago.

-The Insider-

Can I still get credit for finding it out? I was so excited that I found out for everyone and then dumb fayman took it away from me

Turn Off Ads?