Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Reds memory.

Favorite Reds memory.

From a game you were at, or even just seen on TV.

My favorite for a game I attended was the division clincher last year.

One of my wildest memories was June 30, 2006 Indians @ Reds game. Reds were down 7-1 late and dad (first game) was complaining and wanted to leave. I argued him not to since I am die hard baseball fan and cant stand leaving early. He said he was leaving and unless I wanted a ride back to Columbus. We got to about Kings Island and Dunn hit the walk off grand slam off Wickman and I damn near pushed him out of the car. He has never left a game early since.
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Favorite Reds memory.

I feel your pain, my parents were the same way when I was a kid!

My favorite memory would probably be Chapman's debut. I've been to plenty of exciting games, but I don't know if anything can compare to the electricity of Chapman's appearance.

Every time the phone rang, every one of us in the bleachers stood up and checked to see if it was finally time. The flash bulbs were unlike anything I've ever seen before.

Truly a special night.

(I unfortunately was away at school for Bruce's division clinching HR, if I was in town I would've been there in a heartbeat!)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyRedsFan View Post
    From a game you were at, or even just seen on TV.

My favorite for a game I attended was the division clincher last year.

One of my wildest memories was June 30, 2006 Indians @ Reds game. Reds were down 7-1 late and dad (first game) was complaining and wanted to leave. I argued him not to since I am die hard baseball fan and cant stand leaving early. He said he was leaving and unless I wanted a ride back to Columbus. We got to about Kings Island and Dunn hit the walk off grand slam off Wickman and I damn near pushed him out of the car. He has never left a game early since.
    Ouch, haha. I wasn't at that game but I still remember it. My favorite memory ever is the Bruce walkoff, there isn't even a close 2nd for me. I'm hoping there is a World Series to add to the memories soon. My favorite game I was at in person would probably be the civil rights game last year, when they won the game by throwing the runner out at the plate. I had never seen a walkoff defensive play like that before, lol.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Eric Davis home run off of Dave Stewart. Set the tone for the whole series.

When Benzinger caught a foul ball on a California October night in 1990.

Winning the 1975 World Series. (Yes, I have this LP)

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Staying up to watch game 4 with my Dad when I was in the 3rd grade. My Mom isn't a sports fan and was mad that I wasn't in bed.

I was at the game when Rijo made his return in 2001. It was really neat to see him get a standing ovation walking on and off the field. I'm pretty sure he threw extremely well in that first appearance, too.

Opening Day 2005, the only Opening Day I have ever been to and I'm not sure it could ever be matched. Pedro Martinez is still one of the dominant SP in baseball. Adam Dunn goes long twice, the second one in the 9th inning to tie it up, and then Joe Randa hits the walk off. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, too. About 75 degrees, slight crisp breeze, beautiful azure sky, warm sun shining...sigh.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Benzinger backing and calling......

I don't remember the 70's Series, and nothing else can compare to winning it all to me.
    Sto Pro Veritate

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

[QUOTE=Girevik;2338186]Benzinger backing and calling......

QUOTE]

I agree. But in terms of games I attended, it is a tie between The Kid's walkoff inside-the-parker against the Cards and Dunners GS against Wickman. Both just awesome finishes.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Also, watching Eric Davis in his prime.

Prob going to Pittsburgh in 83 for my biurthday, seeing Johnny Benchs last road homer-the reason my parents drove me from NC to Pittsburgh. It was also my first major league game, so that in itself is a memory that will always stand out. My second Reds memory would be going to Cooperstown for his induction, spending the night on the street playing whiffle ball and sleeping in a fold up chair chained to the fence right behind the media/family section.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I've got a toss up for favorite game I've attended... Game 2 of the 1990 World Series (Billy Bates racing around the bases to score the winning run on Joe Oliver's double) and the division clincher last year... I guess I have to go with the World Series winning game, but, watching Jay's homer soar into the night was also pure joy.

1975, the entire season!

The night Art Shamsky hit 3 homers.

He entered the game in the bottom of the 8th with the Reds trailing by one and jacked a two-run blast to give them the lead. The Pirates tied it with a run in the 9th and took the lead with one more in the 10th. It didn't matter. In the bottom of the inning
    Art Shamsky deposited the ball in the seats for the second time. They went on to load the bases but couldn't push the winning run across. Top of the 11th and the Bucs tack on two more. It didn't matter. Art Shamsky strides plateward with a runner on and immediately leaves the park to tie the ball game again.

I was just a kid and remember running around the house going crazy. The Reds went on to lose the game. And to this day I fervently believe that if Shamsky came up again he would have gone yard one more time.

Well I now have an all time favorite game. Yesterday was just awesome!

I told people as they were leaving, you are going to miss the come back!!

Walkoff Fireworks!

Turn Off Ads?