Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bronson Arroyo Diagnosed With Mononucleosis

Redlegs_87

Bronson Arroyo Diagnosed With Mononucleosis

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...k_cin&c_id=cin

Mono is a viral illness that often leaves those who have it easily fatigued or weak. It can linger for several weeks, even when treated properly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bronson Arroyo Diagnosed With Mononucleosis

Sheesh, at this rate, let's hope that 5 starter pitchers in the entire Reds system make it out of spring training alive.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

As far as non life threatening sicknesses go this is one of the worst. Could fatigue him for a looong time.

Has anyone here had mono before? If so, what is Arroyo looking at in terms of length of illness/fatigue?

Redlegs_87

I have had relatives that have had mono and it pretty much wiped them out. My uncle had it last year and he works as a repairman for a apartment complex. He'd basically do one job and be wiped out rest of the day having to basically direct other people to do the job right since he couldn't. Lasted for nearly 3 months before he started to feel normal.

My friend had it in High school. We played baseball together, it more or less ended his season in March. HS baseball season runs april and may

You know I thought I had mono once for an entire year, it turned out I was just really bored.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharync View Post
    Has anyone here had mono before? If so, what is Arroyo looking at in terms of length of illness/fatigue?
    I was beat down for 2 weeks but I felt tired for 4 months after

Man, we are definitely going to be tested this year. It has already begun. Seems like something from the book of Job.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharync View Post
    I had mono in my freshman year of college. I slept about 18 hours a day for about 6-8 weeks. However, I suspect Arroyo has much more medication/treatments at his disposal to keep his energy level up.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Who has Bronson been kissing?

When I was growing up they called it the kissing disease.

I had mono when I was a freshman in college. My throat was swollen and sore, and I had a rash. The symptoms vary widely, and there isn't any magic medicine to cure mono. I slept 12 hours a night for a month. Of course, Bronson is in a lot better shape than I was even then. That's on his side.

Three months sounds about right.

88 wins now seems like a reasonable goal for the year.

There may have to be a June trade this season for a Starting Pitcher.

Naturally, the wise Walt will let these things play themselves out through the first two months of the season, and then make a decision on what direction to go come June 1st. It might take two weeks for a trade or 5 weeks for a trade, if it seems that one will be needed when the club is reassessed on June 1st. But, nothing will need to be done before then.

I had mono freshman year and they told me not to do three things; drink, overexert my self or have sex. I did all three the next weekend, and I lived through it. He'll be fine.

Turn Off Ads?