Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Valiquette out with injured lat

-The Insider-

Valiquette out with injured lat

Left-handed pitcher Philippe Valiquette will being the 2011 season the disabled list with a pulled lat. This injury was rumored for a few days on RedZone, but now I can confirm the injury.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Valiquette out with injured lat

Whither Lotzkar?

As to Valiquette, not a big deal, IMO, at this point. It's not like he was going to be needed all that much by a deep, deep pen at the major league level. He's a lottery ticket, basically. A LH with plus stuff and no idea how to use it. If he ever does, he's an impact arm, but he wouldn't have been used until late May at best anyway.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

-The Insider-

Update: Val actually tore the muscle off of the bone. He'll be out until June or July.

The new ESPN the Mag, has a small article about Valliquette, and how he loves to chop firewood to train during the offseason. The fact that he is hurt, is not mentioned anywhere in the article.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Turn Off Ads?