Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 3 Bold Predictions for 2011

Re: 3 Bold Predictions for 2011

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    1. Performance of young players such as Brandon Belt, Bryce Harper, and Devin Mes will bring back memories of Space Jam's Monstars.

2. The rest of the division turns out to be really, really bad. Pirates quietly sneak into third place.

3. Oakland's Gio Gonzalez finishes top five in Cy Young.
    Number one doesn't sound like anything I'd ever say. At best, I was a year early, but I think what really happened was that Anthony Wiener hacked my account.

I was close with #2, but then the expected collapse came and the Pirates ended up looking worse than ever, almost. McCutcheon's still one of my favorite non-Reds.

Gio might have made it if he hadn't had a recent bad spell. He was playing with the AL ERA lead for a while, I think, but has pitched poorly lately.

At least I missed in different ways than most. 'course on Twitter I picked Bruce and Dunn as MVP's.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    The Reds
    Travis Wood will put up better numbers than anyone in the rotation.
    Dusty will waste the offensive talent of Jay Bruce because he hits LH.
    Rolen will appear in 121 games but will only start 96 games and hit 4th.
    Joey Votto will suffer from lineup construction and go 287/347/507.

MLB
    The Braves will battle the Phillies down to the wire and might beat'em.
    The Boston Red Sox will win the most regular season games in 2011.
    Adam Dunn will hit at least 35 HRs.

JMHO
    It seems my crystal ball may have been Just A Bit Cloudy(or covered with dust)

Last edited by Ron Madden; 09-14-2011 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    1. The Yankees will miss the playoffs. (Pitching won't hold up)

2. Jay Bruce will hit more than 40 HR's.

3. The Phillies will miss the playoffs. (Utley breaks down further, and their lineup is way, way overrated).
    I must have been drinking..........heavily.

I had Heisey hitting 20 homers.

Not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    1) One of Heisey/Sappelt has the LF and leadoff job locked down by August.

2) Mesoraco starts off big, makes it to MLB, Hernandez is traded/released.

3) Brandon Phillips comes up big in a contract year.

On another note with the catchers, what about, if for the next couple years, we keep Hernandez around in Corky's role and dump Corky. I love the stache, but it seems like Hernandez could fill his role with a good bit more offensive production.

Eesh...

1. Well, Heisey got hurt, and Sappelt has started 14 out of 42 games in LF since August 1. He's led off 6 times. I still think either one could be next year (plus Alonso, Frazier, etc.), but as far as this year... fail here for mere. <STRIKE ONE>

2. No... Mez got no more than a Sep. call-up, and Walt hasn't didn't even listen to offers for Razor. <STRIKE TWO>

3. .296/.348/.450/.798, 168 H, 35 2B, 2 3B, 16 HR, 79 RBI, 10 SB, GG level defense once again, and an AS nod. Not great this year, but I think if you're an all-star that probably counts for "coming up big", so I'll give myself this one.

So... 1/3 on the year. Ick.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?