Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MLB.tv + AppleTV + BigFlatScreen = HEAVEN

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

MLB.tv + AppleTV + BigFlatScreen = HEAVEN

I know lots of people here have better setups, but yesterday I enjoyed my first game with MLB.tv though AppleTV on my large living room flatscreen.

Great picture. No delays or skips.

I'm sure it helped that I upgraded to Uverse (12 Mbps) from my old DSL line.
    Previously I suffered from those mid-play freezes, watching on my computer.

The game wasn't bad either (the end certainly wasn't).

Heaven!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

2. Turn Off Ads?
    High five!

Re: MLB.tv + AppleTV + BigFlatScreen = HEAVEN

I got the MLB.TV last night so I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. I have the same setup so glad to hear it works.

Did you get the Premium MLB.TV or the regular unleaded MLB.TV?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I have MLB.tv Premium, but I think MLB.tv regular has HD too.
    Not quite sure what the premium is for.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I have MLB.tv Premium, but I think MLB.tv regular has HD too.
    Not quite sure what the premium is for.
    According to the chart on the mlb.tv home page, the difference is that the premium includes:

Home and Away Broadcasts »

Live Game DVR Controls »

Multi-Game View (PIP, Split Screen, Quad) »

IIRC, that's different from previous years, where the premium version was HD and the standard version was SD. Now they're both HD.

I watched a replay of the 9th inning when I got home last night. I have MLB.tv streamed through my LG TV. It was great, although it did skip some.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

I will get MLB Premium next week after the free preview on Directv runs out.

i seem to have problems with mlb.tv on both my Mac & my PC. when viewed in a small window the picture quality is ok. but when viewed in full screen mode the picture gets fuzzy quite often when there is movement. ie when the camera is showing the dugout everything is ok. but when the pictcher winds up or the batter swings things get fuzzy. does anybody know what the problem is? thanks.

I used mlb.com and Roku. The picture quality was great, but it had a big flaw. If you were on the MLB.com channel on Roku, it would only update games that had already started. It would not notice new games that started in the middle of the one you were watching.

I was watching the first game (which should have been the Reds, thanks Bud) between the Braves and the Nats, but when I went over to watch the Reds game, it said it hadn't started yet, even though it had. I had to leave the channel and go back to it for it to re-load any new games that started. So I missed the first few pitches trying to figure this out.

Also, at one point, the audio was about 10 seconds behind the video. I had to do the same thing, leave and then re-enter the channel to get it synched up again.

I hope they work out these kinks soon, because I would love to get rid of my directv completely, but I won't until I know I can watch Reds games without it.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

High five!

Watched part of the Phils/Astros on the iPhone at lunch (Fuddruckers, turkey burger - out of wild boar although I already had wild boar this week; I know everyone was wondering) then came home and surfed through several other late games on the iPad.

Can jetpacks be far behind?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Also, at one point, the audio was about 10 seconds behind the video. I had to do the same thing, leave and then re-enter the channel to get it synched up again.

I hope they work out these kinks soon, because I would love to get rid of my directv completely, but I won't until I know I can watch Reds games without it.
    Like I said in the other thread. The video (and audio) streams will never be worse for you than they are on opening day. Everybody seems to use their new MLB.TV accounts on Opening Day.

I've found that my Roku box glitches less and bogs down less on MLB.TV with one of those USB-powered notebook-cooler fans under it. A little air circulation helps a lot.

I just wish they had an option to join a game in progress, but join at the beginning.

Turn Off Ads?