Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone here into the solar and wind energy craze?

Re: anyone here into the solar and wind energy craze?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Do it yourself wind:
    Alternate method:

Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

some great replies here fella's.....thanks a ton for your opinions....we are in our 30's and plan on never moving again.....this is going to be our last move...we are both entrenched in our jobs locally, neither of us have aspirations of moving away when we retire......unless its just for the winter..lol.....but from what I am reading, the US and Ohio govt has rebates for people who purchase solar for their home.....I am going to keep looking into that option...as well as geothermal.

A question about geothermal.....I have not looked into it much...but from what I gather, its not a energy source, correct? its a way of heating and cooling your water and home, correct? Basically what I am saying is, can I run fridge or TV from geothermal? I dont think I can, but I could be wrong.....

great responses everyone....I am all for all ideas...I will also update you all about the costs and what we choose...hopefully it wont be a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    A question about geothermal.....I have not looked into it much...but from what I gather, its not a energy source, correct? its a way of heating and cooling your water and home, correct? Basically what I am saying is, can I run fridge or TV from geothermal? I dont think I can, but I could be wrong.....
    Yes it is a way to heat and cool your home and water, it is expensive but the energy savings is great. I agree with Sandy, spend extra on windows and insulation. It is worth it, you don't even have to be a "greenie" to appreciate energy savings in terms of dollars.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Nation's first wind-powered brewery. I'll be checking it out this summer.

http://obbrewing.com/wind-powered-brewery/
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    If your not in a tsunami plain you might consider a small reactor.
    I was kidding when I wrote that but....

http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/...s5.28.08c.html

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Go geothermal, on a new construction it will pay off more, and is still green.
    Yep. I have a few friends who have built new homes over the last several years and taken that route.... and they are glad they did.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?