Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Today is consistently my least favorite day of the baseball season.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Today is consistently my least favorite day of the baseball season.

The day after opening day but before game 2. If you win you want to continue rolling and if you lose you want to get back on the diamond. You almost have no choice but to over analyze opening day from a team's fans perspective.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Today is consistently my least favorite day of the baseball season.

agreed, hate and dont understand the day off gap. Is Cincy the only team that does that? Besides obviously whoever we are playing
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I'd love to be watching the Reds, but I just love baseball, man. I've been boxscore watching all day. Radio on constantly and now that I'm home from work, tv. Gotta love this game.

The Reds do this because of how special Opening day is in Cincinnati, incase of a rain out they can reschedule for the following day, atleast thats what someone told me a few years back when i asked.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    agreed, hate and dont understand the day off gap. Is Cincy the only team that does that? Besides obviously whoever we are playing
    There are some other teams off as well - I think MLB does that to get as many teams on TV as possible with multiple games on ESPN.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

The day off is in place so that teams have a make-up date in case of inclement weather.

2011 Opening Day followed by a day off:
    Baltimore
    New York Yankees
    Washington
    Cincinnati
    St. Louis

Teams that obviously don't need this day off are because of beautiful weather or roofs:
    Arizona
    Houston
    Los Angeles Angels
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    Milwaukee
    Oakland
    San Diego
    San Francisco
    Seattle
    Tampa Bay
    Toronto

Nerdvana Annihilation

The game would of probably been postpond anyways. The weather is pretty crappy.

I think there were only a couple of teams that played each of the first two days this year. I've always thought it was an attempt to have two "opening days", with a group of teams opening each day, without having the "day 2" openeners compete with the original group.

I have to say, though, I don't like having the off day in the middle of a series. It's the only time all year that happens.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Turn Off Ads?