Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Matt Holliday to Undergo Appendectomy

Matt Holliday to Undergo Appendectomy

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...9bb30f31a.html

Huge loss for the Cardinals.

He'll likely be out for 4-6 weeks.
    Last edited by knoonan991; 04-01-2011 at 02:23 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Redlegs_87

Re: Matt Holliday to Undergo Appendectomy

What an awful day for this to happen Cardinal fans are going to think its a mean joke at first. What a punch in the gut for them.

Also hope the surgery goes well. Best wishes to Holliday.

I'm no doctor, but a 4-6 week recovery from an appendectomy seems extremely conservative. I would think he would be back in about 2 weeks or even less.

I was going to post this when I heard it on ESPN and figured everyone would think it was an april fools joke as well, haha. St. Louis is having some of the worst luck i've ever seen this year. Hope it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I was going to post this when I heard it on ESPN and figured everyone would think it was an april fools joke as well, haha. St. Louis is having some of the worst luck i've ever seen this year. Hope it continues.
    ^ Can I get a witness!!! Hate it for the individuals, but couldnt happen to a better group overall IMO.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Not emergent or ruptured. Laproscopic surgery. Much easier than gallbladder. 2 weeks is very doable. He is an athlete, no incision, already rehabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
    I'm no doctor, but a 4-6 week recovery from an appendectomy seems extremely conservative. I would think he would be back in about 2 weeks or even less.
    That could very well be, I probably should've specified that the article inferred that the timetable would be 4-6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Helms1 View Post
    Not emergent or ruptured. Laproscopic surgery. Much easier than gallbladder. 2 weeks is very doable. He is an athlete, no incision, already rehabbing.
    3 seems about right. Lots of pain the first week. Feel pretty normal the 2nd, but still would be tough to come back and do something like swing a bat. I'm guessing he's looking at about 3 weeks, April 20th or so.

When I had mine I felt fine within a week but the doc would not release me for 3.I know its weird but even though I didn't have any pain I lost some stamina for a good 6 months.

I Love Birds

I will go on record saying I thought it was an April Fools Day joke for about 30 seconds until I started getting several texts and reading news online that it wasn't.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
    Unless it burst and he's dealing with peritonitis or something....

I dislike the guy, but man, this sucks.

Kid on my little league team had it happen right before the season started. He wasn't released to play that year (8 week season). His actually burst though.
    Last edited by Jefferson24; 04-02-2011 at 01:13 AM.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs_87 View Post
    What an awful day for this to happen Cardinal fans are going to think its a mean joke at first. What a punch in the gut for them.

Also hope the surgery goes well. Best wishes to Holliday.
    I see what you did there...

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

It's been a long time coming,but there's a new Sheriff in town in the Central Division.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Turn Off Ads?