Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jim Edmonds running his pretty little mouth

Radio

Jim Edmonds running his pretty little mouth

Always hated him, and was so torn when we got him last year. Now I hate him again

From Lance's blog...

Edmonds on Reds
    Click HERE to listen to an interview he did with 590 KFNS "The Fan" in St Louis.
    Among the highlights:
    *On his lingering foot injury and not being able to go to spring training with St Louis:
    "Awful, it's still awful. I still can't do so many things I want to do. It's really frustrating. I don't know the right words to use towards the Cincinnati doctors. I'm in a situation I thought I'd never be in this situation. I can't walk and I chase my kids around. It's not healing. Surgery is the option right now. That would be a year rehab. I'm not looking forward to that. I still think I can play.
    *On the trade from Milwaukee to Cincinnati:
    "I think I left Milwaukee hitting .295. I was driving the ball more and really playing more. The worst thing I did was accept that trade for Walt (Jocketty)...I should have shut it down and went home...I'd be healthy right now and probably playing." (He was playing hurt while in Milwaukee).
    *On the Reds this year and last year:
    "They are still pretty young. I kind of a had a feeling that playoff experience was going to play out the way it did. They didn't seem like they were ready last year. It's a different monster when you get in the playoffs. You need some veterans and guys that really step up.....and you need to be ready to play. You see they weren't.....They were really young and really naive. I hope for their sake that helps them a little bit."
    *On the makeup of Reds:
    "They have a bunch of good guys...other than that one situation (fight w/Cards) and that one player (Phillips).
    It's a really young, nice group of guys. It put a black eye on therest of the rivalry. They are all pretty good. I kind of looked at like my Cubs experience.....I went in thinking God these guys are gonna be a pain....but they are all actually pretty good except that one guy. There are a few guys that have chips on their shoulders. Overall, the 1B, their young CF, their young RF are great guys. Their LF Johnny Gomes I think is very misread. Obviously Scotty is over there and their catcher is pretty good. And they have some good backups. I don't know they are as talented as we would be in St Louis...but that's why they play 162 games.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jim Edmonds running his pretty little mouth

I'm sure if Walt could take it back he wouldn't have traded for his sucky ass either.

Thanks for posting. I'm glad that I can go back to hating Edmonds again. It never felt right in the first place.

The Reds have the best team doctors in the MLB by the way.

Shows me why I was right to never stop disliking him. St Louis can have him, he seems to fit in better there anyway with the others.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

He's a Cardinal at heart and you know how sensitive those Cardinals are. The Phillips incident is what it is, and you know Edmonds' opinion of him is probably based more on that than anything else.

Sometimes guys don't like each other and I'm not worried about it, I'm almost certain Phillips isn't. We're a better team than them and we're in a much better position than them to succeed in the near future. He's a has been speaking his mind, can't really fault him for it.

Wonder what he thought about jon jays three hopper to second last night that allowed the go ahead run in yesterday in the cards loss or the game tying homer given up by cards pitching in the bottom of the 9th? Yah, we'll see how good the cards are this year jimmy.
    Last edited by SidneySlicker; 04-01-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Exactly what did he say that was wrong or bad?

no worse then anything BPhil said, spoke his mind on his feelings-no harm to anyone-yet I doubt this starts a fight.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I didn't like what he said. Those idiot Cards players think they're so much better than everyone else. Really annoying.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Honestly, I'm not getting all wound up over what Edmonds has to say. So, he doesn't like BP. He also thinks the Reds doctors are horrible and regrets coming to Cincinnati instead of sitting out the rest of the year to keep his foot from getting worse. Big deal. Some of that seems like sour grapes, some seems resonable. He is entitled to his opinion. Sure, there are far more classy ways to handle the interview, but he is under no obligation to handle it in a PC manner to make sure we are happy with the answers he gives. He just spoke his mind, which is what we do every day here on this board. In the end, the world keeps turning and nothing of concequence will come of this. Its just message board fodder IMO.

The Reds doctors gets ripped all the time, Kremchek sat behind me at a game last year and my opinion of him is that he is a clown. I think what Edmonds said was right on, the only good thing that came of him coming here was the influence he had on Jay Bruce.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Edmonds always was a hot shot. I ignore him. The guy that I really dis-like is Carpenter. Two years ago, the way he fired ball after ball handed to him by the umpire into the corner of the Reds dugout where the ball boy is, and then went on to gripe about how the balls in Cincy were always too slick. You would think he should know that they are rubbed down before a game by the Umpire crew, not, the Reds!

I Love Birds

I could have told you myself that the Reds weren't going to advance far in the playoffs last year. It was obvious to everyone outside of Cincy and to many in Cincy as well I'm sure. The Phillies were far superior. I even predicted to people that the reds would be swept. I don't say that to be mean, I say it because I've seen it many times before. The Cards made it to the playoffs in 2000, 2001, 2002 but didn't reach the WS until 2004. They had barely any WS experienced players on that 2004 team and got swept. Took 2 more seasons for them to win it and Edmonds was a huge reason why because of his leadership OFF the field.

The Reds will get better with experience and each year I would imagine they'll do better in the playoffs.

So seriously, what was so bad about what Edmonds said? Do you just dislike him because he was a Cardinal for so long or are you mad that his brief tenure in Cincy didn't turn him into a lifelong Reds fan? He was speaking to a St. Louis station as he was in town to throw out the first pitch at our home opener. They asked him questions, he gave honest answers.

Some of you are really sensitive!!
    Last edited by Swampturkey; 04-01-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

I Love Birds

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I didn't like what he said. Those idiot Cards players think they're so much better than everyone else. Really annoying.
    I don't know of any of them who think they are so much better than everyone. Guys like Wainwright, Holliday, Pujols, etc have a ton of class and always respect the opponent, much like guys like Rolen do. Every team has a few arrogant players, the reds included.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Swampturkey View Post
    I don't know of any of them who think they are so much better than everyone. Guys like Wainwright, Holliday, Pujols, etc have a ton of class and always respect the opponent, much like guys like Rolen do. Every team has a few arrogant players, the reds included.
    Who is arrogant on the Reds?

Turn Off Ads?